The global oats market has its consumption in both food and feed use. Although oats have been a part of the human diet for a long time, their principal use has been as a feed grain. Changing farming practices, increasing awareness about animal nutritional requirements, increasing availability of low cost ingredients that could be blended to provide high quality feed formulations, however, have caused the usage of oats as a feed grain to fall intensely. On the other hand, the consumption of oats for human food has been increasing continuously. This has been catalyzed by an increasing awareness on the health benefits of oats.
Oat flakes are currently the most popular type of oat based food products. They are currently gaining popularity worldwide in the form of breakfast cereals. Oat flakes may be regular/rolled, quick or instant type. The regular types currently have the largest consumption. The quick and instant types represent the newer ones and require shorter cooking times compared to the regular ones but have a lower shelf-life. Apart from flakes, oats are also used in a wide variety of food products to provide unique flavour and moisture retention characteristics as well as to increase their nutritional value. Porridge or oatmeal, hot cereals, bread, biscuits, infant food, and muesli or granola bars are a few examples of food products made from oats.
This latest study “Oats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up an oats processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the oats market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the oats industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the oats market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global oats industry?
- What are the key applications in the global oats industry?
- What are the price trends of oats?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the oats industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the oats industry?
- What is the structure of the oats industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the oats industry?
- What are the profit margins in the oats industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an oat flakes manufacturing plant?
- How are oat flakes manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an oat flakes plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for oat flakes?
- What are the transportation requirements for oat flakes?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an oat flakes plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an oat flakes plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Oats Industry
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.4Market Breakup by Region
5.4.4 United States
5.5Market Breakup by Application
5.5.1 Food Use
5.5.2 Feed Use
5.6Market Breakup by Type
5.7.1 Price Indicators
5.7.1 Price Trends
5.10Value Chain Analysis
5.11Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.11.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.11.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.11.4Degree of Competition
5.11.5Threat of New Entrants
5.11.6Threat of Substitutes
5.12Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Oats Processing
7.2Detailed Process Flow
7.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
7.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
8. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
8.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
8.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
8.4Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
8.5Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
8.6Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
8.7Utility Requirements and Expenditures
8.8Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
8.9Other Capital Investments
9 Loans and Financial Assistance
10. Project Economics
10.1Capital Cost of the Project
10.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
10.4Taxation and Depreciation
11. Key Player Profiles