The Asia-Pacific food stabilizers market was estimated to be USD 1.1 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Food stabilizers are substances which make it possible to maintain the physicochemical state of food. Stabilizers include substances which enable the maintenance of a homogenous dispersion of two or more immiscible substances in food, and also include substances which stabilize, retain or intensify an existing color of a foodstuff.
The Asia-Pacific food stabilizer market is the third largest market both in terms of value and volume. Its growing population, the rise in demand for convenience food and organic food, the influence of westernized food consumption pattern, and rising disposable income increases the growth of convenience food, are driving the food stabilizers market. Rising preference for specialized and customized blends by F&B manufactures of food stabilizers also gives a competitive advantage to the food industry. Owing to these factors food stabilizers are expected to grow exponentially during the forecasted period. However, lack of infrastructure and transportation facilities lead to wastage of agro-produce, in turn, affecting food stabilizer manufactures. Consumer preference for fresh food has also become a hurdle in the growth of the market.
The Asia-Pacific food stabilizer market is further segmented into stability, texture, moisture retention, and others, like mouth feel, egg replacement, and ice crystallization, based on their function. Food stabilizers find major applications in bakery, confectionery, dairy foods, beverages, convenience food, snacks, and meat and poultry food products. Convenience food segment is the fastest growing segment of the applications due to consumer exposure to packaged food and the rise in disposable income.
The Asia-Pacific food stabilizer market is dominated by China, followed by Japan and India. China accounts 40% of the Asia-Pacific food stabilizer market due to the increasing population, economic growth, and heavy demand for food stabilizers in the food & beverage industry.
Tate & Lyle PLC is one of the major players in the market with 7.2% market share, followed by Royal DSM, which is one of the emerging players in the Asia-Pacific food stabilizers market. To increase the market share companies are concentrating on the development of innovative and multi-functional food stabilizers. The market is also observing new entrants, who are investing in emerging markets.
- June 2017 - DuPont Nutrition and Health launched a new ingredient in its Danisco range for manufacturers to produce stable clean-label soy, almond, and other plant-based drinks.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Demand for Convenience and Organic Food
3.1.2 Rising Preference for Specialized and Customized Blends
3.1.3 Influence of Westernization and Rising Disposable Income
3.2.1 Increasing Preference toward Fresh Food
3.2.2 Lack of Infrastructure and Transport Facilities
3.3.1 Investments by New Entrants
3.3.2 Development of Innovative and Multi-functional Food Stabilizers
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.2 Convenience Food
4.1.4 Dairy Products
4.2 By Geography
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Preferred Strategic Approach by Major Companies
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Cargill, Inc.
6.3 Kerry Group PLC
6.4 Royal DSM
6.5 Tate & Lyle PLC