European market for sports drink is estimated to register a CAGR of 4.5%, during the forecast period, (2018-2023). Initially sports drinks were attractive only to athletes. However, gradually the consumer base is expanding. Sports drinks producers in Europe is repositioning their drinks to offer best benefits by reducing calorie content. Intelligent product positioning strategies designed to match specific consumer lifestyles would likely continue to be a key success factor to the market. Introducing new concepts, strong marketing initiatives and a push into emerging market is outspreading growth trends.
Sports drinks represent a well-ensconce segment with a stable consumption trend. Europe is one of the potential markets in terms of rising health awareness. The rising demand for sports drinks in Europe is gaining strength due to the favorable demographic conditions occurring in the U.K. and smart positioning by the companies. Smart product positioning strategies designed to meet specific consumer lifestyles would likely continue to be the key factor to the sports drink market. Introducing strong marketing initiatives, new concepts, and a push into emerging markets are likely to expand growth trends. Producers are targeting specific consumer needs, such as boosting energy and staying hydrated, and hence, marketing their products to enhance the market share.
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic (fluid, electrolytes and 6 to 8% carbohydrate), hypotonic (fluids, electrolytes and a low level of carbohydrate), and hypertonic (high level of carbohydrate). The sports drinks market is also segmented on the basis of sales channels and brands.
The European sports drinks market was highly dominated by the U.K., with a share of 27%, as of 2013. UK sports drink market was stimulated by constructive repositioning and promotional activity as per Lucozade.
- July 2017 – Coca-Cola Company announced that it has replaced its product Coke Zero with a new innovated product, Coca-Cola Zero sugar which tasted more like the original Coca-Cola.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
188.8.131.52 Purchasing Power
184.108.40.206 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
220.127.116.11 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Major investment in marketing strategies
5.1.2 Rising Consumer Demand for Sports Drink
5.1.4 Focus on Balanced Eating
5.2.1 High Product Prices
5.2.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.3 Using social media for advertising of products
5.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
6.4 By Geography
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.2 Most Adopted Strategies by Key Players
7.3 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.2 AJE Group
8.3 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Britvic PLC
8.6 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.7 Cloud 9
8.10 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.11 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.12 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
8.13 Living Essentials
8.14 Monster Beverage Co.
- Abbott Nutrition Co.
- AJE Group
- Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
- Arizona Beverage Company
- Britvic PLC
- Champion Nutrition Inc.
- Cloud 9
- Extreme Drinks Co.
- Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Living Essentials
- Monster Beverage Co.