The North American sports drink market was valued at 1.45 billion in 2017 and is anticipated to be valued at 1.86 billion by the end of 2023, escalating at a CAGR of 4.6%. Sports and energy drinks include beverages, vitamin water, or highly caffeinated drinks with additives claiming to increase energy and boost nutrition. In order to stay hydrated consumers prefer sports and energy drinks. The sports drink market in North America is expected to witness a considerable growth during the forecast period, owing to the increasing number of consumers willing to spend a premium for synthetically tailored healthy beverages.
North America Sports Drink Market Dynamics
North America is one of the leading markets due to the increasing trend of athleticism, rising concern for health, and shift in dietary patterns due to changing lifestyles. The innovation of new flavors with health benefits is a major driving sector. North America sports and energy drinks market is driven by growing awareness, demand from young adults and athletes. With the growing concerns for diabetes and obesity in the region, consumers in this region are giving equal importance to nutritional value and taste profile.
The increasing demand for sports drink is majorly due to the wide customer base, greater detailing of manufacturers towards innovative products, and use of cross-marketing strategies by key players in the market.
North America Sports Drink Market Segmentation
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic (fluid, electrolytes and 6 to 8% carbohydrate), hypotonic (fluids, electrolytes and a low level of carbohydrate), and hypertonic (high level of carbohydrate). The sports drinks market is also segmented on the basis of sales channels and brands.
North America is the largest global market in sports drinks category owing to the shortage of leisure time with the consumers driving the demand for energy drinks. The North American sports drinks market is a competitive market, with companies, such as the Coca-Cola enterprise (U.S) and PepsiCo Inc. (U.S), among others are focusing on escalating their market position in the concerned market. This is achieved successfully with the aid of various market strategies implemented by these players, which includes new product enhancements, alliances, and acquisitions.
- October 2017 - PepsiCo attempted to diversify its beverage portfolio with the addition of less sugary drinks into their latest product line.
- March 2016 - Abott Nutrition Co. added a newly tailored energy drink called Ensure Enlive aimed at consumers 50 or older.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
126.96.36.199 Purchasing Power
188.8.131.52 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
184.108.40.206 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Emerging Trend for Health & Wellness
5.1.2 Increased evidences of obesity and diabetes in the region
5.1.3 Usage of sports drinks with prescriptions and medications
5.2.1 High Product Prices
5.2.2 Stringent competition among the existing manufacturers
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.2 Engaging New Consumers
5.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.2 Most Adopted Strategies by Key Players
7.3 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.2 AJE Group
8.3 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Britvic PLC
8.6 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.7 Cloud 9
8.10 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.11 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.12 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
8.13 Living Essentials
8.14 Monster Beverage Co.
- Abbott Nutrition Co.
- AJE Group
- Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
- Arizona Beverage Company
- Britvic PLC
- Champion Nutrition Inc.
- Cloud 9
- Extreme Drinks Co.
- Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Living Essentials
- Monster Beverage Co.