Growth in Solar - Driving the Smart Grid Market
Solar PV installations in Asia-Pacific has grown the most compared to any other region, globally. The growth has been mainly due to decline in the cost of solar PV modules and pledge to fight against the climatic change. In 2014, solar PV module prices reduced by 75%, when compared to the prices in 2009. China and India have increased their installed capacity, and registered a consumption growth rate of more than 80% per annum during 2005-2016. China had exceeded 130 GW of solar power generation in 2017, and India, with a capacity of around 10GW, is planning to increase it by more than five folds in the next five years. The growing solar power market in the region is expected to drive the smart grid market.
Japan and Korea, one of the favorite Hotspots for Smart Grid
Japan and South Korea are one of the favorite hotspots for smart grid investments. Japan’s leading power utility plans for a full rollout of the residential smart meter, by 2020. As of May 2017, 10 million smart meters were deployed in Japan, and the country’s largest utility company, Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), expects to deploy 27 million residential smart meters within its service territory, by 2020. India has also launched similar initiatives, which support smart grid deployment in the country to meet the increasing demand for electricity, and to deal with the high transmission and distribution loss. Large-scale deployment of smart meters is expected to drive the market in the region, during the forecast period, 2018 - 2023.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Eaton launched a new series of reclosers to allow utilities to a support a smart and more reliable grid.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Asia-Pacific smart grid market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Applicaton
7.1 Transmission Upgrades
7.2 Demand Response
7.3 Advance Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.3 South Korea
8.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.2 Hitachi Ltd
9.4 Honeywell International Inc.
9.5 General Electric
9.6 Cisco Systems, Inc.
9.7 Oracle Corporation
9.8 Schneider Electric
9.9 Itron, Inc.
9.10 Siemens AG
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain