The Furniture distribution in Europe offers a comparative analysis of the home furniture distribution system in 13 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK) giving trends in home furniture consumption, market forecasts, analysis by distribution channel, retail formats and sales performances of leading players.
The aim of this report is to provide information on the following topics:
- main structural changes affecting the sector
- evolution of the market share of each distribution channel
- country peculiarities in furniture retailing
- new approaches and strategies in furniture retailing
- policies and initiatives affecting competition in the market
- listing of the leading furniture retailers in each country with contact details
The furniture retail market is broken down by distribution channel: large-scale specialist distributors (furniture chains, franchises, buying groups); independent furniture retailers; non-specialist distributors (department stores, multi-stores, DIY, e-commerce); other (direct sales and craftsmen).
The report includes addresses of over 500 furniture retailers and buying groups, of which 223 with detailed profiles.
The publisher gathered extensive data, including market data and detailed figures for around 270 retailers (all the main actors operating in Western Europe).
For each country considered the report provides basic data on consumption trends, furniture segments, imports, structure of the distribution channels and detailed company profiles of the leading furniture retailers operating in the reference markets.
Products included: kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, dining and living rooms, non-upholstered seats, bedrooms, mattresses, other furniture.
Time frame considered: 2007-2017(preliminary data) with market forecasts for 2018 and 2019.
1. Methodology and scopes of the report
2. Furniture Retailing in Western Europe
3. Executive Summary
4. Home furniture market performance
- Market dynamic (macro-economic indicators, furniture consumption at factory prices, home furniture consumption at retail prices, private consumption and GDP, construction Investments by sector)
- Countries overview (home furniture consumption at retail prices broken down by country)
- Furniture market forecasts
5. Import penetration
- Breakdown of Western European imports from extra-WE areas: Central Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific and others
- Home furniture imports. Top 10 extra-WE home furniture suppliers
- Home furniture segments
- Consumption (Kitchen furniture Upholstered furniture, Bedroom furniture, Furniture for dining and living rooms, Mattresses, Non-Upholstered seats)
6. Market trends
- Prices and Products
- Home furniture distribution channels
- Business demography, Retailer definition, Trends and Market concentration
- Leading furniture retailers in Western Europe
- Breakdown by country, by retailing format, by product specialization, by price range, by online sales, by sales trend, by store trend.
- Sample of leading furniture retailers in Western Europe
7. Analysis by Country:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
For each considered country:
- Home furniture market and performance
- Home furniture consumption at retail prices, Home furniture imports, Trend in home furniture prices
- Home furniture consumption by segment
- Home furniture distribution channels
- Leading furniture retailers
- Profiles of leading furniture retailers
- Other furniture retailers operating in the country
- Forecasts, demand determinants and market opportunities
- Home furniture imports
- Beter Bed Holding
- De Mandemakers Groep (DMG)
- El Corte Inglés
- FBD Group
- Fournier Groupe
- Howden Joinery
- Jb Global
- John Lewis
- Lars Larsen Retail
- Lutz Group
- Maisons du Monde Group
- Migros Group - Living Division
- Mio Chain
- Mondo Convenienza
- Otto Living
- Pfister Arco Holding
- Porta Holding
- Roche Bobois Groupe
- Schmidt Gruppe
- Segmüller Gruppe
- Steinhoff International
- Sun Capital Partners
- Tessner Holding
- Wren Living Ltd.