Deepwater Drilling: Well Planning, Design, Engineering, Operations, and Technology Application presents necessary coverage on drilling engineering and well construction through the entire lifecycle process of deepwater wells. Authored by an expert with real-world experience, this book delivers illustrations and practical examples throughout to keep engineers up-to-speed and relevant in today's offshore technology. Starting with pre-planning stages, this reference dives into the rig's elaborate rig and equipment systems, including ROVs, rig inspection and auditing procedures. Moving on, critical drilling guidelines are covered, such as production casing, data acquisition and well control.
Final sections cover managed pressure drilling, top and surface hole 'riserless' drilling, and decommissioning. Containing practical guidance and test questions, this book presents a long-awaited resource for today's offshore engineers and managers.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of ContentsPart I. Deepwater General
1. Mission, Mission Statement
2. Deepwater Geology & Geoscience
3. Deepwater Pressure Management
4. Deepwater Metocean Environments
5. Deepwater: Essentials and Differences
Part II. Deepwater Planning Design and Engineering
6. Deepwater Programs, Safety, and Loss Control
7. Deepwater Well Planning and Design
8. Deepwater Structural Design
9. Deepwater Well Design
10. Operating: Key Aspects of Deepwater Planning and Project Implementation
Part III. Deepwater Drilling Operations
11. Readiness to Drill
12. Deepwater "Riserless Drilling
13. Deepwater Riserless Best Practice
14. Deepwater Subsea BOP and Marine Drilling Riser
15. Deepwater Intermediate Wellbores and Pressure Detection
16. Production Wellbore Drilling and Well Control Assurance
Appendix 1. Organizational Learning
Appendix 2. Soil Classification and Testing