Creativity and Humor provides an overview of the intersection of how humor influences creativity and how creativity can affect humor. The book's chapters speak to the wide reach of creativity and humor with different topics, such as play, culture, work, education, therapy, and social justice covered. As creativity and humor are individual traits and abilities that have each been studied in psychology, this book presents the latest information.
- Explains how, and why, humor enhances creativity
- Explores the thought processes behind producing humor and creativity
- Examines how childhood play is the basis for both creativity and humor
- Discusses cross-cultural differences in humor and creativity
- Reviews creativity and humor in politics, teaching and relationships
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Humor Production and Creativity: Overview and Recommendations 2. Playfulness and Creativity: A Selective Review 3. Developing Creativity and Humor: The Role of the Playful Mind 4. Why Humor Enhances Creativity fromn Theoretical Explanations to an Empirical Humor Training Program: Effective "Ha-Ha" Helps People to "A-Ha" 5. Thinking Fast and Slow and Creatively in the Experience of Humor 6. Body Joking: The Aesthetics and Creativity of Organizational Humor 7. The Role of Humor in Teaching for Creativity 8. Applied Humor in Creative Product Design 9. Creativity and Humor Across Cultures: Where Aha Meets Haha 10. Evolutionary Explanations for Humor and Creativity 11. A Comedy Professor, Design Thinker, and Theatre Producer Walk Into a Bar