Snack bar is a convenience food, and owing to a busy lifestyle, consumers prefer on-the-go meals. Therefore, in the present scenario, the major snack bar market shareholders are the working populace.
Increasing Demand from the Sports Sector
Brands are becoming more specific regarding the type of athletic support they provide, by targeting defined segments of the overall sports experience, from preparation to recovery. Energy and endurance bars maintain blood-glucose levels during exercise, and contain a high concentration of carbohydrates, with typically moderate amounts of protein and fat. Balanced bars have very evenly balanced nutritional profiles, which contain similar proportions of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Protein bars in the United States are targeted at bodybuilders, to help them achieve their muscle mass and strength goals. Consumers of sports nutrition products have been bodybuilders and athletes. This trend is changing, as weekend sports enthusiasts and lifestyle users are creating new market opportunities for snacks bar manufacturers.
Granola Bars are the Leading Snack Bar Type
Every four out of ten consumers prefer on-the-go snacks that are portable and affordable. Snack bars that contain vitamins, minerals, fibers, and protein are gaining popularity, as they complement the nutritional requirements of consumers. The overall rise in the trend of snacking between meals makes snack bars an extremely viable option. The granola bars segment in the United States accounts for close to 50% of the total snack bars sales.
Kelloggs and General Mills Dominate the Market
The market for snack bars in the United States is consolidated with the presence of companies that operate across the globe. The US snack bar market is governed by the leading players, along with some regional small- to medium-scale players entering the market. Kelloggs company and General Mills are the dominant players, and together account for 40% of the US snack bar market share.
Major players: ABBOTT LABORATORIES INC., CLIF BAR (LUNA BAR), GENERAL MILLS, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC, KELLOGG, KIND SNACKS, MARS INC., NATURAL BALANCE FOODS, NESTLE, UNITED BISCUITS (HOLDINGS) PLC, WEETABIX LTD., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Consumers Looking for Convenient, On-the-go Meal, and Snack Options
22.214.171.124 Demand for Fortified Snack Bars
3.2.1 Competition for Raw Materials and High Volatility in Raw Material Costs
3.3.1 Increasing Demand from the Sports Sector
3.3.2 Consumption of Form-free Snack Bars
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Breakfast Bars
5.1.2 Energy Bars
5.1.3 Granola Bars
5.1.4 Fruit Bars
5.1.5 Other Snack Bars
5.2 By Ingredient
5.2.1 Whole Grains
5.2.2 Nuts and Seeds
5.2.3 Dried Fruits
5.2.4 Partially Hydrogenated Oils
5.2.5 Artificial Ingredients
5.2.6 Other Ingredients
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Abbott Laboratories Inc.
7.2 Clif Bar (Luna Bar)
7.3 General Mills
7.4 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
7.6 Kind Snacks
7.7 Mars Inc.
7.8 Natural Balance Foods
7.10 United Biscuits (Holdings) PLC
7.11 Weetabix Ltd.