The North America processed meat market is expected to register a CAGR of 4%, during the forecast period, 2018-2023 as consumption of beef has been on the decline in favor of processed beef. Processed meat of rabbits and horses are considered as opportunistic products in North American processed meat market. The region is the market leader in the world when it comes to processed meat, with the United States leading the market followed by Canada and Mexico.
The increasing demand for high-value animal protein, convenience food products, variety, prices and services which the processed meat retail firms have been offering to their customers drive the growth of North American processed meat market. The innovation in processing technologies has led to the introduction of diverse products in the market, thereby, ensuring a bigger consumer base. It is observed that frozen meat holds substantial share in this market and is expected to rise due to increased usage of hotdogs & salami and greater shelf life. Further, canned meat holds significant share with its usage in daily meals.
Rising cost of feed raw materials is the major restraint to the market. Moreover, caution from organizations, like WHO on the increased risk of getting cancer due to the consumption of processed meat is further hindering the processed meat market growth in North America.
The market for processed meat in North America is highly fragmented with a large number of international and regional vendors. The vendors compete for innovation, pricing, and distribution. The rising demand for organic livestock is an opportunity for vendors to increase their market share.
North America processed meat market can be segmented on the basis of product type, meat type, and geography. Processed poultry is the largest segment and accounts for the largest share of the processed meat market in North America.
Cured meat is expected to witness high growth, during the forecast period, in this market. The United States is a key player of beef and poultry meat of the meat market in the world. Increased consumption of red meat in Mexico is observed to be the key factor for growth in this market.
- February 2018 - Tyson Foods Inc. is focused on innovating and brand building to keep its multiple billion-dollar brands that are already customer favorites contemporary and relevant. It is launching Eggwiches in May, a new line of frozen breakfast sandwiches without the bread, plus new egg white scrambles to build on the success of Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles Breakfast Cups.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for High Value Animal Protein
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Value Added Meat Products
4.1.3 Innovations in Meat Processing Technology
4.2.1 Rising Cost of Feed Raw Materials
4.2.2 Heath Risk due to Meat Consumption
4.3.1 Demand for Organic Meat
4.3.2 Innovation in Product through R&D
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.5.2 Target Market Identification
22.214.171.124 Purchasing Power
126.96.36.199 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
188.8.131.52 Spending Patterns
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Cured Meat
184.108.40.206 Whole Muscle
220.127.116.11 Fully Cooked and Formed
18.104.22.168 Fully Cooked
22.214.171.124 Shelf Stable
5.1.2 Uncured Meat
126.96.36.199 Whole Muscle
5.2 By Meat Type
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 BRF S.A.
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 Foster Farms
7.4 Hormel Foods
7.5 JBS S.A.
7.6 Koch Foods
7.7 Marfrig Group
7.8 National Beef
7.9 Perdue Farms
7.10 Pilgrims Pride
7.11 Sanderson Farms Inc.
7.12 Smithfield Foods Inc.