Internet Streaming Driving the Market
The market for live streaming of content from content providers like Netflix is increasing fast in the market. Passengers can directly access these services via Wi-Fi on their personal devices in the plane. Virgin America has already tied up with Netflix to provide customers with live streaming. The European operations of Virgin might also see similar services in the future. Many of the airlines in Europe are removing the IFE Systems and going for Wi-Fi and this remains the biggest constraint for the market.
The Europe in flight entertainment system and connectivity market is segmented by Product Type (Hardware, Content, Connectivity), by Fit (Line Fit, Retro Fit), by Class (First class, Business Class, Economy Class, others) and by geography (Germany, France, Russia, Germany and Others).
Business jets control a significant portion of the IFE System market and expected to contribute significantly. Line Fit has a very high share of the market, but market for Retro Fit is expected to grow at a higher pace till 2023.
Key Players: Rockwell Collins, Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Lufthansa Systems AG, Global Eagle, Honeywell International Inc, among others
- May 2018: Viasat Inc. announced Embraer selected Viasat’s high-speed and high-capacity Ka-band connectivity solution for their executive jets Legacy 450 and Legacy 500.
- April 2018: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. announced that a three-year contract for providing inflight entertainment and content services was made with All Nippon Airways Trading Co., Ltd.
- Analysing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Detailed analysis on the segment that is expected to register the highest growth rate
- Study on the region and country that are expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet in Excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information. .
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. MARKET INSIGHTS
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT AND CONNECTIVITY MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
6. INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT AND CONNECTIVITY MARKET BY FIT
7. INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT AND CONNECTIVITY MARKET BY CLASS
7.1 First Class
7.2 Business Class
7.3 Economy Class
8. INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT AND CONNECTIVITY MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1 Thales Group
10.2 Lufthansa Systems AG
10.3 Global Eagle
10.4 Panasonic Avionics Corporation
10.6 digEcor Pty Ltd.
10.7 Viasat Inc
10.8 Rockwell Collins
10.9 Zodiac Aerospace
10.10 UTC Aerospace Systems
10.11 Honeywell International Inc.
10.12 GOGO LLC.
11. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
- Thales Group
- Lufthansa Systems AG
- Global Eagle
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- DigEcor Pty Ltd.
- Viasat Inc.
- Rockwell Collins
- Zodiac Aerospace
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Honeywell International Inc.
- GOGO LLC.