The professional headset market is expected to grow at a healthy rate, enjoying a revenue CAGR of 8.0 percent from 2017 to 2024.
PC USB and UCC headsets continue to experience rapid growth, especially binaural cordless stereo UCC headsets, which grew 56.7 percent in 2017 in terms of revenue.
Innovation on the consumer side in fields such as wearables, hearables, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and augmented hearing is inspiring a newer generation of headset models in the office space.
This study provides an in-depth analysis of the global profesional headset market. As part of this analysis, the publisher has identified market drivers, restraints, market forecasts and competitive trends within the global business headset market. The publisher has also identified 13 growth opportunities for professional headset vendors worldwide. These opportunities span vision, strategy, products, services, business models, marketing, partnerships, sales, and support initiatives. Using the data and analysis in this study vendors and resellers can develop sustainable growth strategies and improve their market positioning.
Professional headsets include corded and cordless headsets that are used in conjunction with enterprise endpoints integrated with the rest of the enterprise communications infrastructure (premises-based time division multiplexing (TDM) and internet protocol (IP) platforms and/or hosted/cloud-based TDM/IP telephony services.
Primary interviews have been conducted with various professional headset vendors including Accutone, Addasound, Addcom, Cisco, GN Audio, Logitech, Plantronics, RTX, Sennheiser Communications, Telekonnectors, Vbet, as well as with other market participants such as channel partners and communications endpoints vendors.
Primary and secondary information, in conjunction with internal information databases, has been used to analyze the market and provide the observations and conclusions in this study.
The study covers the following headset categories:
- Professional headsets for desktop phones that use RJ9/RJ10/RJ22 connectors
- Professional headsets for software communications that use PC USB connectors
- Multi-connectivity headsets that connect to various types of business endpoints, including desktop phones, desktop PCs, and mobile devices
The study does not cover the following product categories:
- Professional mobile Bluetooth headsets that are used with mobile devices or smartphones and do not offer unified communications integration
- Professional Headsets with 3.5 millimeters plug
- Professional Headsets purchased by employees and used at their workplace
- Professional PC USB speakers manufactured by professional headset vendors Revenue represents manufacturers’ sales of professional headsets to service providers, distributors, retailers, resellers, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners, and other distribution channels, as well as direct sales to enterprise customers. Primary and secondary information, in conjunction with internal information databases, has been used to analyze the market and provide the observations and conclusions in this study. RJ9 headsets are gradually becoming unpopular due to decreasing usage of desktop phones and increase in software communications and collaboration. Professional headset vendors need to continuously identify and pursue growth opportunities and to evolve their vision and strategy in order to enhance their brand power and boost demand.
1. Executive Dashboard
- Purpose of this Experiential Study
- 5 Step Process to Transformational Growth
- Evolution of Professional Headsets
- Strategic Imperatives for Professional Headset Vendors
2. Growth Environment
- Scope and Market Definitions
- State of the Market
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
3. Market Forecasts
- Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast-Total Professional Headset Forecast
- Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast-Professional PC USB and UCC Headsets versus RJ9 Headset
- PC USB and UCC Headset Percent Unit Shipment by CC Versus Office and Cordless Versus Corded
- Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast-Headsets in Office versus Headsets in Contact Center
- Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast-Cordless versus Corded Headset
- Cordless Professional Headset Percent Unit Shipment by Type of Connectivity
- Percent Revenue Contribution by Region
- Market Share
4. Visioning Scenarios
- Macro to Micro Visioning
- Top Predictions for the Professional Headset Market
5. Growth Pipeline
- Levers for Growth
6. Vision and Strategy-Growth Opportunities
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 1: Software Communications and Collaboration Services
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 2: Hearables
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 3: Augmented Hearing
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 4: Binaural Bluetooth Headsets
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 5: Software as a Service
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 6: Multi-Connectivity
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 7: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Partnerships
- Vision and Strategy-Opportunity 8: Agent Empowerment
7. Brand and Demand-Growth Opportunities
- Brand and Demand-Opportunity 9: Evolving Channel Structure
- Brand and Demand-Opportunity 10: Generation Y (Millennials)
- Brand and Demand-Opportunity 11: Regional Research & Investigation
- Brand and Demand-Opportunity 12: Continued Education
- Brand and Demand-Opportunity 13: Social Media Marketing
8. Growth Opportunities Matrix
- Total Growth Opportunity Matrix 1-8-Vision and Strategy
- Total Growth Opportunity Matrix 9-12-Brand and Demand
- Total Growth Opportunities Matrix Chart
9. Growth Strategy and Implementation
- Growth Strategies for Your Company
- Prioritized Opportunities through Implementation
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits