Indonesia has the largest auto leasing market and car rental market in South East Asia. However, the market remains very fragmented and the top 8 players account for a little over one-fourth of the market. The remaining market comprises of organized players including financial institutions with licensed business as well as thousands of small local operators, who have small fleet sizes as well as presence. The market faces challenging factors such as low auto-finance rates, mindset of people, decline in oil and gas industry, and improvement in public transport infrastructure. Corporates including SMEs are the dominant customer segment and an operating lease is the most popular product.
In spite of the challenges, certain factors such as increasing mobility needs, growth in number of SMEs, increasing acceptance among corporates, increase in middle-management customers, rising volume of tourists, high vehicle acquisition cost, favorable regulations, and growth of ridesharing and carsharing are some of the key drivers that are expected to boost up this market in the short to medium term.
Key Target Audience:
- Automotive OEMs
- Auto Leasing Companies
- Car Rental Companies
- Consulting Firms
- Research Organizations
- Government Institutions
This RS aims to present an overview of the current and future trends and developments in the auto leasing market and car rental Market in Indonesia during 2017-2022. The study includes the following:
- Overview of Indonesia Auto Leasing and Car Rental Market including size and split, classification of companies, product and customer segmentation and market shares of key companies
- Key Market Participants and their profiles including Company Overview and Key Takeaways
- Split of Fleet between Auto Leasing and Car Rental and Split of Fleet between Auto Leasing by Customer Type
- Product Offerings of Key Market Participants
- Analysis of the Key Drivers and Restraints for 2018-2022
- Market Forecasts for 2018-2022
Key Issues Addressed:
- What is the current status of the market? What are the current trends, and developments in the auto leasing and car rental market in Indonesia?
- Which are the significant players in the industry and what are their profiles with their fleet details?
- What is the competitive structure of the industry including market shares?
- What are the product offerings of the various market participants?
- What are the key challenges and restraints affecting the market and what are the key growth drivers?
- What is the likely future fleet size scenario for the auto leasing and car rental market in Indonesia?
1. Executive Summary
- Summary of Key Findings
2. Overview of Indonesia Auto Leasing and Car Rental Market
- Research Scope
- Types of Products
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Indonesia Auto Leasing & Car Rental Market-Size and Split
- Classification of Companies in Auto Leasing and Car Rental
- Product Segmentation
- Customer Segmentation
- Fleet Size of Key Market Participants
3. Key Market Participants
- PT Serasi Autoraya (TRAC)
- PT Adi Sarana Armada (ASSA)
- PT CSM Corporatama (Indorent)
- PT Mitra Pinasthika Mustika (MPM Rent)
- PT OTO Multiartha (OTO Lease)
- Key Market Participants-Split of Fleet between Auto Leasing & Car Rental
- Key Players-Split of Auto Leasing Fleet by Customer Type
- Key Players-Split of Car Rental Fleet by Customer Type
- Key Market Participants-Product Offerings (Financial Lease and Operating Lease)
4. Key Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Market Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Market Restraints Explained
5. Market Forecasts
- Market Forecasts-Scenario1 Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Opportunities for a New Entrant
- Growth Opportunity 2-Inorganic Growth through Acquisition or Partnerships
- Growth Opportunity 3-Partner with E-hailing Companies
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
7. The Last Word
- Summary of Findings and Key Conclusions
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
- Adi Sarana Armada (ASSA)
- CSM Corporatama (Indorent)
- Mitra Pinasthika Mustika (MPM Rent)
- OTO Multiartha (OTO Lease)
- Serasi Autoraya (TRAC)