Tectonic Setting and Gondwana Basin Architecture in the Indian Shield, Volume Four, is the newest book in the Problems and Solutions in Structural Geology and Tectonics series from Elsevier, and is a synthesized monograph on the tectonic settings of Gondwana basins of India. It is a unique book on a topic of national and international interest, especially given the economic importance of the region (coal reserves). The book is authored and edited by very experienced theoretical experts and explores and reconstructs unified stratigraphic research of the region, including the relative role of tension and lateral movement in basin formation.
Basin formation is the driving force behind formation and break-up of supercontinents and the time frame of supercontinent cycles.
- Provides the latest data on the tectonic settings of Gondwana basins of India
- Explores the unified stratigraphic research of the region
- Authored and edited by experienced theoretical experts
2. Development of Gondwana Basins in Indian Shield
3. Gondwana Equivalent Sediments from Outlying Areas
4. Tectonic Settings of Gondwana Basins and Basin Belts
5a. Raniganj Rift Basin and Nature of Boundary and Other faults
5b. Tectonic Setting and Structure of Jharia Basin
5c. Tectonic Setting of Bokaro-Koei Valley Basin
5d. Tectonic Setting of Rewa Basin, its Sub-basins, Coal Characters and Magmatic Activity
5e. Tectonic Setting of Kamptee Concealed Coal Basin
5f. Tectonic Setting of Superposed Proterozoic and Gondwana Rift Basin of Pranhita- G Davaribelt
5g. Tectonic Setting and Basin Evolution of Son-Mahanadi Valley Basin
6. Coal Rank Variation, Tectonism, and Igneous Activity