During the first half of 2017, the researcher conducted an online questionnaire research in Taiwan and received 1,500 valid questionnaires. This report provides an overview of Taiwanese PC online gamers' preferences and examines their behavior by socio-demographic factors: gender and age.
The findings show:
- 53.2% of Taiwanese gamers prefer online PC role-playing games.
- On average, 46.3% of Taiwanese female gamers spend less than an hour on playing games at a time.
- 70.2% of Taiwanese gamers made PC online game purchases, including in-game purchases, in 2016.
List of Topics
- Analysis of Taiwanese online PC gamers' preferences by gender and age, and includes the amount of time Taiwanese gamers normally spend playing PC games online.
- Analysis of Taiwanese online PC gamers' purchase behavior by time intervals per purchase, while touching on how gender and age differences have correlated with gamers' purchases.
2. Preference Analysis of Taiwanese Online PC gamers
2.1 53.2% of Gamers Prefer Online Role-playing Games
2.2 Female Gamers Prefer Online Riddle and Music Games
2.3 Gamers Across All Ages Prefer Online Role-playing Games
2.4 46.3% of Female Gamers Commit Less Than an Hour to Play Online PC Games
2.5 Over 80% of Gamers at All Age Groups Spend at Least 30 Minutes on Gaming at a Time
3. Behavior Analysis of Taiwanese Online PC Gamers
3.1 70.2% of Gamers Made Online PC Game Purchases in 2016
3.2 33.7% of Female Gamers Did not Make Any Online PC Game Purchases in 2016
3.3 Over 50% of Gamers Aged 25-29 Willing to Spend NTD 500 or More on Online PC Games
3.4 Over 50% of Gamers Have Tendency to Spend on Online PC Games Every Month
3.5 70% of Gamers Aged 19 or Below Have Tendency to Spend on Online PC Games Every Month
4. Demographic Segementation
4.2 Age Groups
List of Tables
Table 1: Taiwanese Gamers' Preferred Online PC Game Genre by Age Group
Table 2: Taiwanese Gamers' Average Time Spend on Playing Online PC Games at a Time by Age Group
Table 3: How Much Taiwanese Gamers Spent on Online PC Games in 2016 by Age Group
Table 4: The Average Interval between Online Game Purchases for Taiwanese Gamers by Age Group
List of Figures
Figure 1: Demographics of Taiwanese Online PC Gamers
Figure 2: Taiwanese Gamers' Preferred Online PC Games by Game Genre
Figure 3: Taiwanese Gamers' Preferred Online PC Game Genre by Gender
Figure 4 Average Length of Time Taiwanese Gamers Spend on Playing Online PC Games at a Time by Gender
Figure 5 How Much Taiwanese Gamers Spent on Online PC Games in 2016
Figure 6: How Much Taiwanese Gamers Spent on Online PC Games in 2016 by Gender
Figure 7: The Length of Purchase Interval of Taiwanese Online PC Gamers by Gender
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis