Silicon carbide (SiC) has a range of excellent properties such as high temperature stability, high thermal conductivity, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, low expansion coefficient and thermal shock resistance. It is widely applied in fields of metallurgy, refractories, grinding, ceramics, electronics, etc.
China is the largest producer and exporter of silicon carbide in the world. As the demand from downstream sectors like metallurgy and refractories picked up in 2017, China’s output of silicon carbide soared by 38.5% to more than 1 million tons on the previous year. But by product, black silicon carbide and green silicon carbide polarize: output of the former had a 53.9% jump while that of the latter slumped by 65.2%. Steep fall in output of green silicon carbide (often used for cutting solar wafers) is largely due to the fact that it is massively replaced by diamond wire saws over the past two years, and the environmental inspection becomes increasingly stringent, causing some companies to reduce production or even stop production. It is predicted that Chinese silicon carbide market will sustain growth in 2018 but likely at a lower rate due to stricter environment protection requirements.
Silicon carbide is made from quartz sand and petroleum coke. Black silicon carbide price has been on the rise since 2017, climbing to over RMB8,000 per ton in January 2018, because of stricter oversight on environment protection and robust upstream and downstream demand. Green silicon carbide price otherwise went down compared with previous years with the slump in demand.
As technological progress is made, silicon carbide, a kind of new-generation wide band gap semiconductor, has been commercialized and aroused a tide of research and development and production globally. Semiconductor vendors like Cree, Infineon and Rohm have launched more advanced SiC based semiconductor devices and modules since 2016, broadening application of SiC semiconductors.
China follows behind closely and has been one of very few players engaged in both silicon carbide substrates and epitaxial materials. The country is marching towards a global leading role in semiconductor device design and manufacturing technologies. It as yet has built a relatively complete silicon carbide industry chain system.
In the future, silicon carbide semiconductor will find its way into power supply and photovoltaic industries, especially new energy vehicle field where it will be used more and promoted. The global silicon carbide power device market is estimated to be worth $1.4 billion in 2023, nearly four times larger than that in 2017.
Global and China Silicon Carbide Industry Report, 2018-2023 highlights the following:
- Global silicon carbide industry (smelting and processing, power semiconductors) (market size, key companies, etc.);
- China silicon carbide industry (policy environment, industry status and development trend);
- China silicon carbide smelting and processing market (supply and demand, import and export, key companies and price trend);
- China silicon carbide semiconductor industry (market size, industry chain (substrates, epitaxies, devices, etc.), key companies, etc.);
- 15 Chinese silicon carbide smelting and processing companies and 10 silicon carbide semiconductor vendors (operation, revenue structure, silicon carbide business, etc.).
*The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1.1 Definition and Classification
1.2 Properties and Applications
1.3 Industry Chain
2 Global Silicon Carbide Industry
2.1 Silicon Carbide Smelting and Processing
2.1.1 Market Situation
2.1.2 Key Companies
2.2 Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductor
2.2.2 Market Situation
2.2.3 Silicon Carbide Substrate
2.2.4 Silicon Carbide Epitaxial Wafer
2.2.5 Silicon Carbide Device
2.2.6 Key Companies
3 China Silicon Carbide Industry
3.2 Status Quo
3.3 Development Trend
4 China Silicon Carbide Smelting and Processing Market
4.1 Supply and Demand
4.1.3 Blade Grade Silicon Carbide
4.2 Import and Export
4.3 Price Trend
4.4 Corporate Competition
5 China Silicon Carbide Semiconductor Market
5.1 Market Situation
5.2 Silicon Carbide Substrate
5.2.1 Status Quo
5.2.2 Key Companies
5.3 Silicon Carbide Epitaxial Wafer
5.4 Silicon Carbide Device
6 Upstream and Downstream of Silicon Carbide in China
6.1.1 Quartz Sand
6.1.3 Petroleum Coke
6.2.4 Special Ceramics
6.2.7 New Energy Vehicle
6.2.8 Microwave Device
7 Key Chinese Silicon Carbide Smelting and Processing Companies
7.1 Henan Yicheng New Energy Co., Ltd.
7.1.3 Revenue Structure
7.1.4 Gross Margin
7.1.5 R&D and Investment
7.1.6 Clients and Suppliers
7.1.7 Silicon Carbide Business
7.1.8 Forecast and Outlook
7.2 Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry Co., Ltd.
7.2.3 Revenue Structure
7.2.4 Gross Margin
7.2.5 Silicon Carbide Business
7.2.6 Development Strategy
7.3 Jiangsu Haobo New Materials Co., Ltd.
7.3.3 Revenue Structure
7.3.4 Gross Margin
7.3.5 Silicon Carbide Business
7.4 Pingluo Binhe Silicon Carbide Products Co., Ltd.
7.4.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.5 Lanzhou Heqiao Resource Co., Ltd.
7.5.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.6 Ningxia Tianjing Longding Silicon Carbide Co., Ltd.
7.6.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.7 Tianzhu Zhengyu Silicon Carbide Co., Ltd.
7.7.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.8 Ningxia Jinjing New Materials Co., Ltd.
7.8.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.9 Tonghua Hongxin Abrasive Co., Ltd.
7.9.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.10 Linshu Zhengyu Silicon Carbide Factory
7.10.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.11 Jiangsu Leyuan New Materials Group Co., Ltd.
7.11.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.12 Hanjiang Hongyuan Xiangyang Silicon Carbide Special Ceramics Co., Ltd.
7.12.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.12.3 Development Advantages
7.13 Yili Master Carborundum Products Co., Ltd.
7.13.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.14 Xinjiang Longhai Silicon Industry Development Co., Ltd.
7.14.2 Silicon Carbide Business
7.15 Shandong Jinmeng New Materials Co., Ltd.
7.15.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8 Key Chinese Silicon Carbide Semiconductor Vendors
8.1 TanKeBlue Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
8.1.3 Revenue Structure
8.1.4 Gross Margin
8.1.5 Clients and Suppliers
8.1.6 R&D and Investment
8.1.7 Silicon Carbide Business
8.1.8 Development Strategy
8.2 SICC Materials Co., Ltd.
8.2.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.3 Hebei Synlight Crystal Co., Ltd.
8.3.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.4 Beijing Century Goldray Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
8.4.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.5 Yangzhou Yangjie Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
8.5.3 Silicon Carbide Business
8.6 Global Power Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
8.6.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.7 EpiWorld International Co., Ltd.
8.7.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.8 Semiconductor Business Unit of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd.
8.8.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.9 Dongguan Tianyu Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (TYSiC)
8.9.2 Silicon Carbide Business
8.10 Xiamen Xinguangrunze Technology Co., Ltd.
8.10.2 Silicon Carbide Business
- Beijing Century Goldray Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- Dongguan Tianyu Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (TYSiC)
- EpiWorld International Co., Ltd.
- Global Power Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Hanjiang Hongyuan Xiangyang Silicon Carbide Special Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Hebei Synlight Crystal Co., Ltd.
- Henan Yicheng New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Haobo New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Leyuan New Materials Group Co., Ltd.
- Lanzhou Heqiao Resource Co., Ltd.
- Linshu Zhengyu Silicon Carbide Factory
- Ningxia Jinjing New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry Co., Ltd.
- Ningxia Tianjing Longding Silicon Carbide Co., Ltd.
- Pingluo Binhe Silicon Carbide Products Co., Ltd.
- SICC Materials Co., Ltd.
- Semiconductor Business Unit of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Jinmeng New Materials Co., Ltd.
- TanKeBlue Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- Tianzhu Zhengyu Silicon Carbide Co., Ltd.
- Tonghua Hongxin Abrasive Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Xinguangrunze Technology Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Longhai Silicon Industry Development Co., Ltd.
- Yangzhou Yangjie Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yili Master Carborundum Products Co., Ltd.