Quantitative Hydro-Geoengineering: Calculations and Simulations explains how to develop effective quantitative solutions for applications in hydrogeology. The book's authors provide a systematic, hands-on approach to illustrate how hydrogeological concepts are translated into quantitative solutions. Topics explored include problems relating to contaminant migration, groundwater-surface water interactions, managed aquifer recharge, resources, infrastructure, and mining with illustrations from real-life projects using a variety of simulation methods that are easy-to-understand and have step-by-step quantitative analysis that is supported by illustrations/tables.
- Explains how to expertly prepare quantitative hydrogeological solutions and how to convey the associated results into real-life assignments
- Includes practical, step-by-step techniques for data analysis and visualization (EVS Pro)]
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of 3-D graphics and animations for environmental applications
2. Role of Hydro-geoengineering
3. Method of analysis
4. Empirical analysis
5. Analytical solution
6. Numerical solution for comparison
7. Comparison of analytical Vs numerical solution Choice
8. Case studies
Yohannes Yihdego, has over 18 years' experience, including as an engineering geologist, consulting hydrogeologist and teacher assistant at La Trobe University, Australia. He has worked extensively on projects across Australia, Middle East, Asia & Africa, with the water, resource mining, infrastructure, energy, agriculture and civil construction industry on Geological, Geotechnical/Geo-engineering, hydrogeological, Hydraulic, hydrological, contamination and environmental assessments, in multi-disciplinary teams as a team member and project manager.