- Trends in Biosimilars partnering deals
- Disclosed headlines, upfronts, milestones and royalties by stage of development
- Biosimilars partnering contract documents
- Top Biosimilars deals by value
The Global Biosimilars Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides an understanding and access to the Biosimilars partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter Biosimilars partnering deals. The majority of deals are early development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors Biosimilars technology or product candidates. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains links to online copies of actual Biosimilars deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
For example, analyzing actual company deals and agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Biosimilars dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Biosimilars dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Biosimilars deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active Biosimilars dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Biosimilars dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Biosimilars deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biosimilars partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biosimilars partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Biosimilars technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by Biosimilars partnering company A-Z, deal type definitions and Biosimilars partnering agreements example. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Biosimilars partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Biosimilars technologies and products.
Global Biosimilars Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Biosimilars trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Biosimilars Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022 includes:
- Trends in Biosimilars dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to over 190 Biosimilars deal records and contract documents where available
- The leading Biosimilar deals by value since 2010
- Most active Biosimilars dealmakers since 2010
- The leading Biosimilars partnering resources
In Global Biosimilars Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy and technology target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Table of Contents
2.2. Biosimilars partnering over the years
2.3. Most active biosimilars dealmakers
2.4. Biosimilars partnering by deal type
2.5. Biosimilars partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for biosimilars partnering
2.6.1 Biosimilars partnering headline values
2.6.2 Biosimilars deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Biosimilars deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Biosimilars royalty rates
3.2. Top Biosimilars deals by value
4.2. Most active Biosimilars dealmakers
4.3. Most active Biosimilars partnering company profiles
5.2. Biosimilars contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Biosimilars deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Biosimilars deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Biosimilars deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
Appendix 6 - Further reading
Figure 2: Active biosimilars dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Biosimilars partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Biosimilars partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Biosimilars partnering by technology type since 2010
Figure 6: Biosimilars deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Biosimilars deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Biosimilars deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Biosimilars deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10 Top biosimilars deals by value since 2010
Figure 11: Most active biosimilars dealmakers since 2010
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 180 Life Sciences
- Abreos Biosciences
- Accord Healthcare
- Aceno Biotherapeutics
- AET Biotech
- Aetos Biologics
- AffaMed Therapeutics
- Agila Specialties
- AIT Bioscience
- Algorithme Pharma Holdings
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Avid Bioservices
- Bacterin International
- Baxter International
- Bio-Thera Solutions
- Bioeq IP
- Bio Farma
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bolt Biotherapeutics
- Boston Oncology
- C-Bridge Capital
- Changchun High & New Technology Industries
- Chemo Sa Lugano
- Chungnam National University
- CJ Corp
- Cobra Biologics
- Coherus Biosciences
- Compass Biotechnologies
- Concord Biosciences
- Cook Pharmica
- CR Pharma
- Daiichi Sankyo
- DM Corporation
- Dong-A ST
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Dyadic International
- EMD Millipore
- Enzene Biosciences
- Epirus Biopharmaceuticals
- European Commission
- Formosa Pharmaceuticals
- Fujifilm Kyowa Kirin Biologics
- Fuji Pharma
- GC Pharma
- Gedeon Richter
- GE Healthcare
- Genhelix Biopharmaceutical
- Genor Biopharma
- GenScript ProBio
- Hadasit Medical Research Services and Development
- Hanwha Chemical
- Helvetic Biopharma
- Henlius Biotech
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals
- Hoffmann La Roche
- Horizon 2020
- Innovent Biologics
- Intas Pharmaceuticals
- inVentiv Health
- Ipca Laboratories
- Jacobson Pharma
- JAMP Pharma Group
- JHL Biotech
- Karolinska Institute
- Kemwell BioPharma
- Kymos Pharma Services
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin
- Laboratorios Liomont
- LABORATORIOS SAVAL
- Livzon Mabpharm
- M+W Group
- Mab-Venture Biopharma
- Meiji Seika
- Merck and Co
- Merck BioVentures
- Merck KGaA
- Merck Serono
- MGC Diagnostics
- Ministry of Health (Brazil)
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Mochida Pharmaceutical
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals
- Mylan Laboratories
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Nan Fung Group
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- National Cancer Institute
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- NCPC GeneTech
- Neoletix Biotechnology
- Nora Pharma
- Novo Nordisk
- Ocumension Therapeutics
- ORF Genetics
- Orox Pharmaceuticals
- Orygen Biotecnologia
- Pall Corporation
- Pangen Biotech
- PBS Biotech
- Perfinity Biosciences
- PlantPraxis Biotecnologia
- Portal Instruments
- PRA Health Sciences
- Premier Inc
- Premier Research
- Prestige BioPharma
- PT Etana Biotechnologies
- Qilu Pharmaceutical
- Quanta BioDesign
- QuiaPEG Pharmaceuticals
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.