Pharmacoepigenetics provides a comprehensive volume on the role of epigenetics and epigenomics in drug discovery and development, providing a detailed, but accessible, view of the field, from basic principles, to applications in disease therapeutics. Leading international researchers from across academia, clinical settings and the pharmaceutical industry discuss the influence of epigenetics and epigenomics in human pathology, epigenetic biomarkers for disease prediction, diagnosis, and treatment, current epigenetic drugs, and the application of epigenetic procedures in drug development.
Throughout the book, chapter authors offer a balanced and objective discussion of the future of pharmacoepigenetics and its crucial contribution to the growth of precision and personalized medicine.
- Fully examines the influence of epigenetics and epigenomics in human pathology, epigenetic biomarkers for disease prediction, diagnosis, treatment, current epigenetic drugs and the application of epigenetic procedures in drug development
- Features chapter contributions from leading international researchers in academia, clinical settings and the pharmaceutical industry
- Instructs researchers, students and clinicians on how to better interpret and employ pharmacoepigenetics in drug development, efficiency and safety
- Provides a balanced and objective discussion of the future of pharmacoepigenetics and its crucial role in precision medicine
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The Epigenetic Machinery in the Life Cycle and Pharmacoepigenetics 2. Pharmacoepigenetics: Basic Principles for Personalized Medicine 3. Epigenetic Mechanisms in the Regulation of Drug Metabolism and Transport 4. MicroRNA-Dependent Gene Regulation of the Human Cytochromes P450 5. Pathoepigenetics: The Role of Epigenetic Biomarkers in Disease Pathogenesis 6. Pharmacoepigenetic Processors: Epigenetic Drugs, Drug Resistance, Toxicoepigenetics, and Nutriepigenetics 7. Pharmacoepigenetics of Novel Nucleoside DNA Methyltransferase Inhibitors 8. Pharmacoepigenetics: Novel Mechanistic Insights in Drug Discovery and Development Targeting Chromatin-Modifying Enzymes 9. Pharmacoepigenetics of EZH2 Inhibitors 10. Regulators of Histone Acetylation: Bromodomain Inhibitors 11. Bromodomain Inhibition and Its Application to Human Disease 12. Epigenetic Drug Discovery for Cancer 13. Pharmacoepigenetics of Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors in Cancer 14. Pharmacoepigenetics of LSD1 Inhibitors in Cancer 15. Pharmacoepigenetic Considerations for the Treatment of Breast Cancer 16. Pharmacoepigenetics of Acute Myeloid Leukemia 17. Therapeutic Potential of Pharmacoepigenetics in Cholangiocarcinoma 18. Pharmacoepigenetics in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus 19. Pharmacoepigenetics of Immunological Disorders 20. Pharmacoepigenetics of Rheumatic Disorders 21. Pharmacoepigenetics of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 22. Epigenetics and Pharmacoepigenetics of Neurodevelopmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders 23. Pharmacoepigenetics and Toxicoepigenetics in Neurodevelopmental Disorders 24. Pharmacoepigenetics of Autism Spectrum Disorder 25. Pharmacoepigenetics of Antipsychotic Drugs 26. Pharmacoepigenetics of Bipolar Disorder 27. Pharmacoepigenetics of Major Depression 28. Pharmacoepigenetics of Vertigo and Related Vestibular Syndromes 29. Pharmacological Nicotinamide: Mechanisms Centered Around SIRT1 Activity 30. Pharmacoepigenetics and Pharmacoepigenomics of Valproate in Neurodegenerative Disease 31. Pharmacoepigenetics of Statins 32. Pharmacoepigenetics of Memantine in Dementia 33. Epigenetics in Doxorubicin Cardiotoxicity 34. Pharmacoepigenetics of Brassica-Derived Compounds 35. Pharmacoepigenetics of Chinese Herbal Components in Cancer 36. Epigenetics of Aging and Age-Related Disorders 37. Epigenetics of Aging and Cancer: A Comprehensive Look 38. Epigenetics and Pharmacoepigenetics of Age-Related Neurodegenerative Disorders