"Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Tanzanian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption in Tanzania has been erratic on an annual basis. Economic difficulties, recurrent droughts and extensive infrastructure problems are the main factors that have influenced the market. Sales were forecast at 5.72 billion pieces in 2017 but this is down on recent years and reflects the impact of rising prices which have been boosted by rises in excise duty. Forecasts suggest further growth, with overall consumption rising to 6.82 billion pieces by 2027, which is a rise of 19.2% on 2017 levels.
- Cigarette consumption in Tanzania has been erratic on an annual basis. Economic difficulties, recurrent droughts, and extensive infrastructure problems are the main factors that have influenced the market.
- Sales were forecasted at 5.7 billion pieces in 2017, but this is down on recent years and reflects the impact of rising prices, which have been boosted by rises in excise duty. Per capita consumption stood at a forecasted 106 pieces per person in 2017, down 18.5% on 1990 levels.
- Forecasts suggest further growth, with overall consumption rising to 6.8 billion pieces by 2027, which is a rise of 19.2% on 2017 levels. In per capita terms, sales are forecast to remain sluggish, dropping back by 8.6% to 91 pieces in 2027, which is low by international standards.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Us
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 3: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2006-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2006-2016, % of Total
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, % of Total
Table 7: Brand Positioning, 2017
Table 8: Summary of Cigarettes Taxes, April 2018
Table 9: Annual Average Inflation (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2010-2014
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 11: Smoking Population, by gender , product and frequency, %
Table 12: Men: Average Daily Cigarette Smoking by Age, Region, Education & Income, 2010, Number of Cigarettes in the Past 24 Hours
Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2016, Million pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2008-2016, Million Pieces
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2008-2016, Million Pieces
Table 16: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016, Million pieces
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2015, Million Pieces
Table 18: Tanzania Cigarette Company Ltd
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027, Million Pieces
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: At a Glance