North America Functional Water Market Dynamics
Consumers’ increasing preference for healthy beverages and demand for highly nutritional drinks is expected to drive the functional water market in North America.Functional water has the potential to become one of the prominent drinks in the market, due to its high vitamin, mineral, and extra-oxygen properties.
North America Functional Water Market Segmentation
Coconut water, which contains many antioxidants, was the most popular functional plant-based water in 2016. Functional water on the basis of distribution, may further be segmented into Supermarket/Hypermarket, Specialty Store, Online Store, and others. Grocery and departmental stores account for the highest share in sales of functional water, followed by other distribution channels. Functional water is also available in different specialty stores.Functional water is mostly available in PET bottles, which are recyclable and are preferred by consumers.
North America Functional Water Market Regional Analysis
North America is dominating the functional water market and held a revenue share of 33.48% in 2017. North American functional water market has been geographically segmented into United States, Canada, Mexico, and the rest of north America. United States has the highest demand, followed by Canada and Mexico.
Key Developments in the Market
- Feb 2018 - PepsiCo launched its customizable pod-based beverage, Drinkfinity, in the United States.
Major Players: CG Roxane LLC, Green SheepWater, Grupo Vichy Catalan, Icelandic Glacial, LaCroix, Mountain Valley Spring Company, PepsiCo Inc., Perrier, Suntory Holdings Limited, The Coco-Cola company, and Unicer - Bebidas SA, among others.
To maintain their shares in the market, companies are adopting various marketing strategies, like product development, collaborations, and acquisitions.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analysis of the outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider factors impelling the present market scenario, along with the growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional- and country-level analysis., integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and the strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months of analyst support, along with the market estimates sheet (in Excel).
- This report may be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Dynamics
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.3 Other Product Types
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.2 Specialty Store
4.2.3 Online Store
4.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
4.3 By Packaging Type
4.3.1 PET Bottle
4.3.2 Glass Pottle
5. Regional Market Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.1 US Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.2 Canada Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 Mexico Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.4 Rest of North America Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Functional Water Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Functional Water Company Profiles
7.1 PepsiCo Inc.
7.2 The Coca-Cola company
7.3 Suntory Holdings Limited
7.4 Unicer - Bebidas SA
7.5 Icelandic Glacial
7.6 G Roxane, LLC
7.7 Grupo Vichy Catalan
7.8 Mountain Valley Spring Company
7.9 Green SheepWater