Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Dynamics
Sweetness-enhancing components have a long history of usage. In today’s highly dynamic scenario, as consumers have an increasing array of attributes from the products they consume, the food industry has taken a step ahead to deliver sweetener ingredients from a myriad of sources with wide-ranging properties.Increased demand of natural, low-caloric sweeteners and high demand from emerging economies owing to growing urbanization and rising affluence are the major factors driving the market growth. While increasing concerns regarding clean label solutions, and the complex regulatory structure in EU and United States may impede the low-calorie sweetener market growth, product innovation and growing demand for low-caloric sweeteners would help the market grow further during the forecast period. The increase in awareness about the effects of sugar on health and fitness among consumers, coupled with the high consumption of sweetener-based beverages and confectionery has created a growing market for low-calorie sweeteners. Low-calorie sweeteners import into growth market such as Indonesia and India is still considered low in volume due to the lack of health motivation.
Low-Calorie Sweetener Market-Regional Segmentation
The global low-calorie sweeteners market is largely dominated by countries like United States, Canada, Germany, China, and United Kingdom. North America held the highest market share in the global low-calorie sweeteners market in 2017, out of which United States recorded the highest market revenue. With the increasing prominence of countries like the U.K, Germany, France, Europe holds the second largest market share after North America in the global low-calorie sweeteners market.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2018 - German biotech company e-LEcta reveals that a successful cooperation with an unnamed sweetener supplier has enabled it to expand production of a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener in a move that it said could change the world market for natural sweeteners.
The global low-calorie sweetener market is competitive with presence of many international and domestic players. Tate and Lyle, ADM and Dupont hold a dominant share in the global low-calorie sweeteners market. Key players in the market form joint-ventures and partnerships with small and regional publishers to gain higher market shares.
Major Players: Tate & Lyle, Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette, Ajinomoto Co., Inc. and JK Sucralose Inc.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Global, regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
- Volume data
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Market
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Study Deliverables
2. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Insights
2.1 Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Overview
2.2 Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
2.3.1 Degree of Competitive Rivalry
2.3.2 Threat of Substitutes
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Barganing Power of Buyers
2.3.5 Barganing Power of Suppliers
3. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Dynamics
4. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market Segmentation
4.1 By Source Type
4.2 By Product Types
4.2.6 Acesulfame Potassium
4.3 By Application
188.8.131.52 Dairy and Frozen Foods
5. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market - Regional Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.4 Rest of North America
5.2.7 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 Resat of Asia-Pacific
5.4 South America
5.4.3 Rest of South America
5.5 MEA (Middle East and Africa)
5.5.2 South Africa
5.5.3 Rest of MEA
6. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market - Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Key Strategies Adopted
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Low-Calorie Sweetener Market - Company Profiles
7.1 Tate & Lyle
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 Archer Daniels Midland
7.4 Ingredion Incorporated
7.6 Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
7.7 JK Sucralose Inc.
7.8 Pure Circle Limited
7.9 The Nutra Sweet Company
Request Free Sample Report