Only a few years ago, businesses had limited choices for implementing video conferencing. Today new market dynamics are in play and a vast smorgasbord of options is available. This report takes an end-to-end view of enterprise video conferencing across varied platforms and services.
Specifically, it includes video conferencing adoption via the following:
- Devices – Dedicated video conferencing endpoints, IP video phones, and conference room USB cams
- Infrastructure and On-premises Software – Video conferencing infrastructure, on-premises web conferencing software, on-premises Unified Communications (UC)
- Services – Cloud web and video conferencing services, managed web and video conferencing services, webinar and webcasting services, and Unified-Communications-as-a-Service(UCaaS)
Automation, globalization, and changing demographics are shaping the future of work. There is a growing demand for next-gen collaboration tools that fit the changing communication needs. New and innovative use cases are emerging. Video-enabled customer engagement, digital classroom, mobile and virtual banking, smart factories, digital talent acquisition, and ehealthcare are a few areas where video conferencing is fundamentally changing the face of business.
In 2018, an estimated 32.8 million video conferencing related devices, infrastructure and cloud services seat licenses were shipped leading to a total revenue of $7.80 billion. The total video conferencing market is on a high growth trajectory and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1 percent from 2018 to 2023 to reach $13.82 billion by 2023. Annual units and seat license shipment CAGR on the other hand is forecasted at a whopping 21.5 percent to reach 86.7 million seats in 2023, with rapid adoption coming from next-generation devices and intelligent cloud services that will establish video as preferred mode of communications.
User demand for video communications has been booming. The proliferation of mobile devices combined with an unending appetite to consume video in all its forms has been a major factor in breaking traditional barriers to adoption.
The consumerization of video has led to an exploding demand for hassle-free video conferencing that empowers users to connect from any device with a click of a button. It is setting the bar high for technology providers to match user expectations of easy to use, light weight software and cloud-enabled applications.
New product capabilities, disruptive applications and business models, and converging solutions are massively transforming video conferencing. In this dynamic marketplace, the author has identified top growth opportunities for collaboration vendors and service providers worldwide.
- Top Strategic Imperatives for Video Conferencing Providers
- Enterprise Video Communications and Collaboration Landscape
- State of the Market
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Market Segmentation
- Market Definitions
- Drivers and Restraints
- Work is Changing
- Strong User Preference for Multi Vendor Solutions
- Video Conferencing Benefits and Perceptions are Evolving
- Low Penetration Rates Signal Growth Opportunities
- Huddle Room Video Conferencing-Major Disruption Underway
- Rapid Evolution In Devices
- Video Conferencing-Total Addressable Market (TAM) Opportunity
- Market Revenue-A Snapshot
- Percent of Revenue by Technology
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent of Revenue Forecast by Technology
- Seats Forecast
- Percent of Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Percent of Revenue by Region
- SMB Adoption
- Video Conferencing Devices-Unit Shipments
- Disruptors in the Video Conferencing Market
- Top 7 Recommendations for Video Conferencing Vendors
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Appendix 1-Technology Attach Rate Estimations for Market Sizing and CAGRs
- Appendix 2-Acronyms Used
- List of Exhibits