About the Service:
The new daily analytical newsletter TariffAlert focusses exclusively on the latest pricing issues in the mobile and fixed arena globally.
Each edition uses a mix of news, analysis, competitor offerings across each market and additionally includes analyst commentary to support it.
TariffAlert is unique. It does not just provide the daily output delivered straight to your inbox, it offers a monthly summary together with a searchable online access to more than 10k published stories on the portal.
“Pricing has become increasingly complex and our customers have expressed a need for a service that provides more than just the headline prices,” commented Margrit Sessions, researcher and author of TariffAlert. “The new service provides our subscribers with all the details needed for every new tariff together with the small print. Our service has become the preferred source for providers and forms part of the one-stop shop for pricing research and consultancy.”
A 12-month subscription includes:
- Daily deliverable with key pricing stories, delivered by email or/and accessed via website.
- Monthly summary allowing to select news by region, country, operator, by type of product.
- Access to all stories - 10,000 and more, ever published.
- Access to the library of pricing and pricing analysis across many services and countries for under GBP 3.00 per day. Searchable by key words
- Analyst with over 25 years experience comments on the each slide.
The TariffAlert provides with more than just the information that is available from the operator's announcement, the analyst provides the finer details including comparing it with the old tariff and competitor’s offerings.
Deliverable: 5 days a week in 50 weeks a year.
* For customers that wish to have access to the story online archive which comes with a search engine, please contact us. *
The analyst researches its reports typically within a three-month period. All of its reports are based on primary and secondary research including interviews with relevant companies/operators covered in the report. The analyst also draws on its extensive in-house database and its contacts in the field of telecommunications it has established since the company was launched in 2006.
The analyst has 26-years of experience in the field of telecoms pricing both mobile and fixed. They have a network of consultants as well as a multi-lingual research team, with languages spoken French, German, Polish and Spanish.