Advances in Biological Science Research: A Practical Approach provides discussions on diverse research topics and methods in the biological sciences in a single platform. This book provides the latest technologies, advanced methods, and untapped research areas involved in diverse fields of biological science research such as bioinformatics, proteomics, microbiology, medicinal chemistry, and marine science. Each chapter is written by renowned researchers in their respective fields of biosciences and includes future advancements in life science research.
- Discusses various research topics and methods in the biological sciences in a single platform
- Comprises the latest updates in advanced research techniques, protocols, and methods in biological sciences
- Incorporates the fundamentals, advanced instruments, and applications of life science experiments
- Offers troubleshooting for many common problems faced while performing research experiments
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Bioinformatics Methods: Application Towards Analyses and Interpretation of Experimental Data 2. Genome Sequence Analysis for Bioprospecting of Marine Bacterial Polysaccharide-Degrading Enzymes 3. Proteomics Analysis of Mycobacterium Cells: Challenges and Progress 4. Plant Proteomics: A Guide to Improve the Proteome Coverage 5. Structural Analysis of Proteins Using X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Technique 6. Technological Advancements in Industrial Enzyme Research 7. Biotechnological Implications of Hydrolytic Enzymes from Marine Microbes 8. Recent Advances in Bioanalytical Techniques Using Enzymatic Assay 9. Microbial lectins: Roles and applications 10. Biodegradation of Fish Waste by Seaweed Associated Bacteria 11. Phosphate Solubilisation by Microorganisms: Overview, Mechanisms, Applications and Advances 12. Metagenomics- A Modern Approach to Reveal the Secrets of Unculturable Microbes 13. Halophililic Archaea as Beacon for Exobiology: Recent Advances and Future Challenges 14. Bacterial Probiotics Over Antibiotics: A Boon to Aquaculture 15. Recent Advances in Quorum Quenching of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria 16. Trends in Production and Fuel Properties of Biodiesel from Heterotrophic Microbes 17. Advances and microbial techniques for phosphorus recovery in sustainable wastewater management 18. Genotoxicity Assays: The Micronucleus Test and The Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis Assay 19. Advances in Methods and Practices of Ectomycorrhizal Research 20. Photocatalytic and Microbial degradation of Amaranth dye 21. Role of Nanoparticles in Advanced Biological Research 22. Iron-oxygen intermediates and their applications in biomimetic studies 23. Frontiers in Developmental Neurogenesis 24. Analytical Methods for Natural Products Isolation: Principle and Applications 25. Advanced Bioceramics 26. Production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates By Extremophilic Microorganisms Through Valorization of Waste Materials 27. Methods of Enhancing Mass Production of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal (AM) Fungi 28. Metagenomics: A Gateway to Drug Discovery 29. Recent Advancement in Isolation & Characterization of Cosmeceutical Compounds from Marine Algae 30. Advances in isolation and preservation strategies of ecologically important marine protists, the thraustochytrids 31. Advances in sampling strategies and analysis of phytoplankton
Postdoctoral Researcher, Biological Oceanography Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India
Dr. Surya Nandan Meena, Postdoctoral, National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa, India
Dr. Surya Nandan Meena is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the National Institute of Oceanography, India. He has also served as a Senior Research Fellow at ICAR, India and as a Research Scholar at Goa University, India.He has published multiple articles and book chapters as well as co-edited the Elsevier book Advance in Biological Science Research: A Practical Approach.
Has a PhD in Microbiology and is presently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Microbiology at Goa University on the UGC- sponsored Microbiology (M.Sc.) innovative programme-Teaching and Research in Interdisciplinary and emerging areas. His research interests are applied microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, Marine Microbiology, Microbial genetics, Nanobiotechnology, Quorum sensing.