The growth of the UAE in vitro diagnostics market can be attributed to factors, such as high prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases. Chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, and various respiratory diseases, are posing as a global challenge.
According to the International Diabetes Federation, currently, 55 million people are suffering from diabetes in the MENA region. The current market is also growing due to the use of advanced technologies in the market studied.
There has been a paradigm shift from traditional diagnostics to a new generation diagnostics that work at the gene level. This was made possible by the inclusion of advanced technologies, such as genetic testing, molecular diagnostics, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and next-generation sequencing (NGS). Hence, these factors are expected to drive market growth.
Key Market Trends
Reagents Segment Holds the Largest Market Share
- Reagents capture the largest market share and are expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate over the forecast period, owing to repeat purchase and increasing demand. The reagent segment of the market studied includes chemical, biological, or immunological components, solutions, and preparations, intended by the manufacturer to be used during the in vitro diagnostic process.
- Given the high cost of many diagnostic platforms, it is common for manufacturers to lease equipment, instead of selling technology outright to end users. In these arrangements, the lease is tied to contracts to purchase associated reagents or assay kits for the equipment, over the life of the contract.
- Many diagnostic companies have in excess of 75% of sales from consumables, such as assays and reagents, and such agreements guarantee the generation of cyclic revenues associated with the sale of reagents and other consumables. Reagent usage for IVD kits often carries high costs, hence, the availability of immunodiagnostic services in developing countries is often limited by the high cost of imported kits.
- Many developing countries have established local immunoassay reagent programs to manufacture low-cost, high-quality immunoassay reagents. Kits from these projects are now beginning to become available and are likely to fuel the market expansion.
The major market players in the UAE in vitro diagnostics market are bioMérieux, QIAGEN, Abbott Laboratories, F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Siemens Healthineers AG, among others. The competition among manufacturers is increasing, with the increasing number of companies. Small manufacturers represent an unorganized market, due to the lower prices of their products.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 High Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
4.2.2 Increasing Use of Point-of-care (POC) Diagnostics
4.2.3 Technological Advancements
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulations
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Clinical Chemistry
5.1.3 Molecular Diagnostics
5.1.5 Other Test Types
5.2 By Product
5.2.3 Other Products
5.3 By Usablity
5.3.1 Disposable IVD Devices
5.3.2 Reusable IVD Devices
5.4 By Application
5.4.1 Infectious Disease
5.4.5 Autoimmune Disease
5.4.7 Other Applications
5.5 By End User
5.5.1 Diagnostic Laboratories
5.5.2 Hospitals and Clinics
5.5.3 Other End Users
6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
6.1.2 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.4 Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
6.1.5 Danaher Corporation
6.1.7 F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
6.1.8 Siemens Healthineers AG
6.1.9 Sysmex Corporation
6.1.10 Thermo Fisher Scientific
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific