Neuroscience of the Nonconscious Mind includes novel concepts and insights on the brain mechanisms that control nonconscious mental functions, some of which were developed in the author's laboratory. The book describes neuroscience of conventional nonconscious mental functions, along with not so conventional functions like creativity, hypnosis and extrasensory perception, thus making it a very unique reference. This thought provoking book for students of mind, brain and consciousness will help explain concepts and introduce the science behind the nonconscious.
- Explains how the brain controls nonconscious cognition and behavior
- Describes how the nonconscious mind helps us make smart decisions
- Includes historical perspectives and interesting experiments on nonconscious cognition
- Presents novel, thought provoking ideas concerning neural signal processing
- Describes situations where the nonconscious mind is smarter than the conscious mind
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Nonconscious Memory
5. Nonconscious Attention
6. Decision Making
10. Extrasensory Perception
11. Nonconscious Versus Conscious Mind
12. Framework of Nonconscious Mind
Professor of Psychiatry Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA. Professor of Psychiatry Long School of Medicine, at University of Texas Health, San Antonio, TX, USA. Chief of Psychiatry, Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital, San Antonio, TX, USA.