Biobased Polymers: Properties and Applications in Packaging looks at how biopolymers may be used in packaging as a potential green solution. The book addresses bio-based feedstocks, production processes, packaging types, recent trends in packaging, the environmental impact of bio-based polymers, and legislative demands for food contact packaging materials. Chapters explore opportunities for biopolymers in key end-use sectors, the penetration of biopolymer based concepts in the packaging market, and barriers to widespread commercialization.
As the development of bio-based material is an important factor for sustainably growing the packaging industry, these recent trends in consumer markets are extremely important as we move towards greener packaging. Hence, this resource is an invaluable addition on the topic.
- Offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject for researchers interested in bio-based products, green and sustainable chemistry, polymer chemistry and materials science
- Covers the market for bio-based materials
- Includes discussions on legislative demands for food contact packaging materials
- Describes interesting new technologies, including nanotechnology approaches
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Description of biobased polymers
3. Properties of biobased packaging material
4. Packaging types
5. Biobased polymers in packaging
6. Recent Trends in Packaging of Food Products
7. Environmental impact of biobased polymers
8. Legislation for food contact materials
9. Market for biobased packaging material
10. Emerging sources of biopolymers
11. Emerging technology
12. Future prospects
Dr. Pratima Bajpai is currently working as a Consultant in the field of Paper and Pulp. She has a vast 36 years of experience in this field. She has worked at National Sugar Institute Kanpur (India), University of Saskatchewan (Canada), University of Western Ontario (Canada), and Thapar Center for Industrial Research and Development (India). Dr. Bajpai's main areas of expertise are industrial biotechnology, pulp and paper, and environmental biotechnology. She has contributed immensely to the field of industrial biotechnology and is a recognized expert in the field. Dr. Bajpai has written several advanced level technical books on environmental and biotechnological aspects of pulp and paper which have been published by leading publishers in the USA and Europe. She has also contributed chapters to a number of books and encyclopedia, obtained 11 patents, written several technical reports, and has implemented several processes in Indian Paper mills. Dr. Bajpai is an active member of the American Society of Microbiologists and is a reviewer of many international research journals. She has also handled several Sponsored Research Projects from industry and government agencies. She is an active member of the New York Academy of Science, American Society for Microbiology, and many more.