The demand for ready-to-eat food products is recording high growth in metros where a lot of working people don't get enough time to cook proper meals. Additionally, longer shelf life and easy availability of ready-to-eat food products is further pushing their demand across the country. The most popular ready-to-eat items include preparations of paneer, chana masala, rajma masala, pav bhaji, etc. Rise in the demand for ready-to-eat food products has created the interest among many companies to enter this space which is likely to contribute to the growth of the market in the coming years. Furthermore, innovation in products offerings, sustainable packaging, preference of single serving frozen products, aggressive marketing & promotional strategies would steer growth in the market during forecast period.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2013-2016
Base Year: 2017
Estimated Year: 2018
Forecast Period: 2019-2023
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast market size of the Indian ready-to-eat food market.
- To define, classify and forecast the Indian ready-to-eat food market on the basis of segment (Frozen Ready-to-Eat Food and Shelf Stable Ready-to-Eat Food)
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size by segmenting the Indian ready-to-eat food market into four regions namely, North, West, East and South.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for the Indian ready-to-eat food market.
- To get an idea about the consumers’ behavior towards Product Awareness, Most Preferred Brand, Preferred Category, Factors Influencing Purchase Decision, and Reason for Purchasing Ready-to-Eat Food.
- To strategically profile the leading players, which are involved in the supply of ready-to-eat food in India.
The author performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, the author sourced a list of ready-to-eat food manufacturers and suppliers in India. Subsequently, we conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the author was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The author analyzed product offerings, end-use sector/s, and regional presence of all major ready-to-eat food suppliers across the country.
The author calculated the market size for the Indian ready-to-eat food market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein manufacturers’ value sales data for different types of ready-to-eat food (Frozen ready-to-eat and Shelf stable ready-to-eat) was recorded and subsequently forecast for the future years. The author sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Ready-to-eat food manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Associations, organizations, associations and alliances related to ready-to-eat food
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as ready-to-eat food manufacturers, distributors, dealers and policy makers to understand which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, the Indian ready-to-eat food market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, by Segment
- Frozen Ready-To-East
- Shelf Stable Ready-To-Eat
- Retail Sales
- Tradition Retail Store/General Store
- Institutional Sales
- North Region
- East Region
- West Region
- South Region
- Uttar Pradesh & Uttaranchal
- Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian Ready-To-Eat Food market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across the country.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
- Detailed analysis of new products in the market and their driving forces in the market.
10% specific customization is available free of any additional cost, for both the single user and enterprise license, as above. However, alternatively, if you are looking for additional content data or insight related to the scope of the report, you may purchase the new “Custom Research License”. Please enquire for pricing.
The custom research will be delivered in printable PDF format along with the report’s data excel sheet. This license offers 80 analyst hours. It is strongly recommended for an organization which wants to execute short ‘bespoke’ research projects related to the scope of the purchased report.
Please note: With the Enterprise license, the PDF product is printable and editable and comes with a market data excel sheet.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
4.1. Awareness About Ready-to-Eat Food
4.2. Usage and Preferred Category
4.3. Brand Preference
4.4. Factors Influencing Purchase Decision
4.5. Reasons For Purchase
5. Global Ready-to-Eat Market Overview
6. India Ready-to-Eat Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Segment (Frozen Ready-to-Eat Food and Shelf Stable Ready-to-Eat Food)
6.2.2. By Distribution Channel (Retail Sales and Institutional Sales)
184.108.40.206. By Retail Sales (Online, Supermarket/ Hypermarket and Traditional Retail Stores/ General Stores)
6.2.3. By Region (North India, South India, West India and East India)
6.2.4. By State
6.2.5. By Company
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index (By Segment)
7. Import & Export Analysis
8. Market Dynamics
9. Market Trends and Developments
10. Supply Chain
11. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
12. India Economic Profile
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1. Company Profiles
13.1.1. McCain Foods (India) Private Limited
13.1.2. MTR Foods Pvt. Ltd.
13.1.3. Gits Food Products Pvt Ltd.
13.1.4. Haldiram Snacks Pvt. Ltd.
13.1.5. ITC Limited
13.1.6. Bikanervala Foods Pvt. Ltd.
13.1.7. Godrej Tyson Foods Limited
13.1.8. Darshan Foods Pvt. Ltd.
13.1.9. Al Kabeer Exports Pvt. Ltd.
13.1.10. Venky’s Group
14. Strategic Recommendations
*Full List of Figures Available on Enquiry.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- McCain Foods (India) Private Limited
- MTR Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Gits Food Products Pvt Ltd.
- Haldiram Snacks Pvt. Ltd.
- ITC Limited
- Bikanervala Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Godrej Tyson Foods Limited
- Darshan Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Al Kabeer Exports Pvt. Ltd.
- Venky’s Group