Fluid-Solid Interaction Dynamics: Theory, Variational Principles, Numerical Methods and Applications gives a comprehensive accounting of fluid-solid interaction dynamics, including theory, numerical methods and their solutions for various FSI problems in engineering. The title provides the fundamental theories, methodologies and results developed in the application of FSI dynamics. Four numerical approaches that can be used with almost all integrated FSI systems in engineering are presented. Methods are linked with examples to illustrate results. In addition, numerical results are compared with available experiments or numerical data in order to demonstrate the accuracy of the approaches and their value to engineering applications.
The title gives readers the state-of-the-art in theory, variational principles, numerical modeling and applications for fluid-solid interaction dynamics. Readers will be able to independently formulate models to solve their engineering FSI problems using information from this book.
- Presents the state-of-the-art in fluid-solid interaction dynamics, providing theory, method and results
- Takes an integrated approach to formulate, model and simulate FSI problems in engineering
- Illustrates results with concrete examples
- Gives four numerical approaches and related theories that are suitable for almost all integrated FSI systems
- Provides the necessary information for bench scientists to independently formulate, model, and solve physical FSI problems in engineering
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Cartesian Tensor and Matrix Calculus
3. Fundamentals of Continuum Mechanics
4. Variational Principles of Linear FSI Systems
5. Solutions of Some Linear FSI Problems
6. Preliminaries of Waves
7. Finite Element Models for Linear FSI Problems
8. Mixed FE-BE Model for Linear Water-structure Interactions
9. Hydroelasticity Theory of Ship-water Interactions
10. Variational principles for nonlinear fluid-solid interactions
11. Mixed FE
CFD Method for Nonlinear Fluid-solid Interactions
12. Mixed Finite Element
Smoothed Particle Methods for Nonlinear Fluid-solid Interactions Appendices
Emeritus Professor of Applied Mechanics in the Fluid-Structure Interaction Group, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, at University of Southampton in UK. He received his PhD in Solid Mechanics from Tsinghua University in China, and has been engaging teaching and researches on FSI dynamics more than 35 years. He is the author of many creative publications in theoretical and applied mechanics, especially in the areas of FSI dynamics, Variational principles, Vibrations and controls, Numerical methods and Energy flow theory for linear / nonlinear dynamical systems.