1h Free Analyst TimeIndustrial Internet - Thematic Research
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The Industrial Internet, which is expected to redefine the way the global industrial economy operates, is in danger of failing to take off because of integration issues. The marketplace will be worth $145bn by 2023, part of a fast-evolving ecosystem of intelligent machines communicating with each other.
One of the key uses behind the Industrial Internet - predictive maintenance - has so far failed to take off, largely because organizations are struggling to integrate it into their existing operations environments. Cyber threats are also a concern. Factory floor legacy systems were never intended to be externally linked and operations managers need to think as much about cyber safety as they do site safety.
The reality is that the Industrial Internet is all about data, and the information and insight that that data delivers to the organization. That is why the Industrial Internet is being led by ‘white collar’ IT departments, not ‘blue collar’ operations technology teams, and by software, data analysis, and artificial intelligence specialists like Amazon, Microsoft, and SAP, rather than by traditional industrial equipment vendors, like GE, who are at risk of being significantly disrupted.
It is predicted that the Asia Pacific region will see strong growth of 17.6% from 2018 to 2023, much of it driven by China’s retooling. Utilities and manufacturing are expected to be the key sectors to benefit.
The report “Industrial Internet - Thematic Research” provides an overview of the global Industrial Internet market, highlighting the leading players across different segments of the value chain, as well as listing the companies that are making their mark within the Industrial Internet theme.
- This report provides an overview of the global Industrial Internet market.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the sector over the next 12 to 24 months.
- The report provides a comprehensive industry analysis, outlining the key growth areas and potential use cases.
- It identifies the best-positioned players in the Industrial Internet theme, across all segments of the value chain.
- The report also includes a timeline charting the development of the Industrial Internet.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides an overview of the global Industrial Internet market, highlighting the leading players across different segments of the value chain, as well as listing the companies that are making their mark within the Industrial Internet theme. It provides growth forecasts by sector and by region for the global Industrial Internet and information on merger and acquisition activity.
- The value chain splits the Industrial Internet industry into five key layers: devices; connectivity; data; apps; and services.
Table of ContentsPlayers
Industrial automation Sector Scorecard
IT services sector scorecard
Application software sector scorecard
Appendix: Our Thematic Research Methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Alphabet (Google’s parent company)
- Dassault Systèmes
- Schneider Electric
- Altizon Systems
- Ayla Networks
- Cerebras Systems
- Foghorn Systems