International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology, Volume 350, covers all aspects of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) biology. With its multiple cellular functions, including ion storage as well protein folding, trafficking and secretion, the regulation of homeostasis within the ER is crucial to organismal health. New sections in this updated volume include DAMP emission upon ER stress, Protein misfolding disordersm Type I interferon response and ER stress, ER and autophagosome biogenesis, Mitochondria-associated membranes, ER calcium signaling in excitable cells, and ER in viral infections.
- Summarizes endoplasmic reticulum-related pathologies
- Gives an update on the immunological aspects of ER-stress
- Brings the links between ER homeostasis and autophagy
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Lorenzo Galluzzi and Oliver Kepp
1. Endoplasmic reticulum stress in the cellular release of damage-associated molecular patterns
Alejandra Wu Chuang, Oliver Kepp, Guido Kroemer and Lucillia Bezu
2. Emerging roles of the unfolded protein response (UPR) in the nervous system: A link with adaptive behavior to environmental stress?
Mei-Li Díaz-Hung, Gabriela Martínez and Claudio Hetz
3. Type I interferons and endoplasmic reticulum stress in health and disease
Jenny Sprooten and Abhishek D. Garg
4. The role of mitochondria-associated membranes in cellular homeostasis and diseases
Mariasole Perrone, Natascia Caroccia, Ilaria Genovese, Sonia Missiroli, Lorenzo Modesti, Gaia Pedriali, Bianca Vezzani, Veronica Angela Maria Vitto, Michele Antenori, Magdalena Lebiedzinska-Arciszewska, Mariusz R. Wieckowski, Carlotta Giorgi and Paolo Pinton
5. Sarcoplasmic reticulum and calcium signaling in muscle cells: Homeostasis and disease
Roberto Bravo-Sagua, Valentina Parra, Felipe Muñoz-Cordova, Pablo Sanchez-Aguilera, Valeria Garrido, Ariel Contreras-Ferrat, Mario Chiong and Sergio Lavandero
6. Endoplasmic reticulum in viral infection
7. Targeting endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagy as therapeutic approaches for neurological diseases
Annadurai Thangaraj, Susmita Sil, Ashutosh Tripathi, Ernest T. Chivero, Palsamy Periyasamy and Shilpa Buch