Sialic Acids and Sialoglycoconjugates in the Biology of Life, Health and Disease enables the reader to understand the role of sialylation as a post translational modification. The book provides insights on the latest knowledge in the field of sialoglycobiology. Sialic acids as terminal residues of oligosaccharide chains play crucial roles in several cellular recognition events. Synthesized post translationally, they play an important role in recognition, signaling, immunological response and cell-cell interaction. Improper sialylations have been associated with several diseases including cancer. In the post genomics and proteomics era, sialoglybiology has become more and more important in deciphering health and disease conditions.
- Discusses the sialic acids and their role in different diseases (other than cancer)
- Provides an understanding of sialylations as post translational modifications (PTM)
- Demonstrates the impact sialylation has on infectious diseases, the autoimmune system and health
- Gives insights on the importance of sialic acid biology through animal models
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Sialic Acid and Biology of Life: An Introduction 2. Sialoglycans and Genetically Engineered Plants 3. Sialic Acid, Sialoglycans, Sialylation: A Study in Insects 4. Sialoglycoconjugates and Human Physiology 5. Pathogens, infectious disease biology and Sialic acid 6. Sialic acids in autoimmune disorders 7. Lysosomal Storage Disorders: Disorders Related to Glycans and Sialic Acid 8. Sialic Acids and its Conjugates in Cancer 9. Sialic Acids and its Conjugates in Endocrinal Disorders 10. Sialic Acids and Xenotransplantation 11. Nanotechnology and Sialic Acid Biology
Dr. Shyamasree Ghosh has been working in the field of sialoglycoconjugates for more than 12 years now, since her PhD in the topic of Sialoglycocongugates in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). The author has considerable experience and published quite a large number of publications in reputed international journals and is cited across the globe for her work. She is one of the well-known scientist in this field of sialoglycobiology. Currently working to the capacity of Scientific Officer (F), in the School of Biological sciences, National institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and has authored large number of publications and books in reputed