- Presents a unified conceptual framework for professional psychology
- Overviews the whole treatment process from a biopsychosocial approach, from intake through outcomes assessment
- Avoids highly technical language so that students and practitioners from across the field can follow the discussion
- Includes major advances in both the science and practice of psychology
- 75% revised and updated from first edition
1. The foundational framework for understanding human psychology and behavioral health care 2. The evolution of psychology as a science and field of professional practice 3. Scientific foundations: understanding human nature 4. Ethical foundations of behavioral health care 5. Psychological functioning 6. Sociocultural functioning 7. Physical health and functioning 8. Development: biopsychosocial factors interacting over time 9. Assessment5 10. Treatment planning 11. Treatment 12. Outcomes assessment 13. Public health and integrated primary care 14. A new era for health service psychology
Timothy Melchert's research focuses on the theoretical and scientific frameworks used to guide education and practice in behavioural healthcare. He utilizes a science-based biopsychosocial framework to resolve much of the theoretical confusion and professional conflicts that have long plagued the field of professional psychology. He is the author of Foundations of Professional Psychology, First Edition (Academic Press) and Biopsychosocial Practice: A Science-Based Framework for Behavioral Health Care (APA Press).