'South Korea’s telecom and pay-TV service revenues will increase from $36.2 billion in 2021 to $38.6 billion in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 1.3%, supported by revenue growth in the mobile data segment. Mobile data revenues will grow at a CAGR of 5.7%, driven by growing data consumption and projected growth of 5G subscriptions that will yield higher data ARPUs over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenue will decrease from US$4.3 billion in 2021 to US$4.1 billion in 2026, due to declining broadband ARPUs.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in South Korea.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea will increase at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2021-2026.
- SK Telecom will lead South Korea’s mobile market in terms of subscriptions as of 2021, followed by KT and LG U+.
- 4G subscriptions will account for a 67.2% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of South Korea’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in South Korea’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in South Korea’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in South Korea.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- SK Telecom
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About The Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- LG U+