Recent Advancements in Microbial Diversity brings a comprehensive understanding of recent advances in microbial diversity in different systems, such as gut. In addition, the book discusses how the application of advanced sequencing technologies is used to unzip unseen microbial diversity and its function.
- Gives insights on the exploration of microbial diversity in different systems
- Addresses novel approaches to the study of microbial diversity
- Shows the use of omics to analyze the microbial community and its functional attributes
- Discusses the techniques used to examine microbial diversity, including their applications and respective pros and cons
1. Past, present and Future: Microbial diversity 2. Metagenomics based approaches for Unculturable microorganisms 3. Biogeochemical cycles and microorganism 4. High throughput technologies for microbial communities 5. Marker based selection of microbes from extreme environment 6. Exploration of Himalayan microbial diversity 7. Hot spring microbial communities a way to study and exploration 8. Cold adapted microbes and their possible roles as biofertilizer for hilly regions 9. Evolutionary basis of microbes in different environment 10. Microbial communities affected by xenobiotics 11. Soil enzymes for identification of microbial habitat/niche 12. Bacterial community associated with plant disease 13. Rhizosphere microbial communities associated with plant growth promotion 14. Insect gut microbiome and applications 15. Effect of land use changes on microbial diversity 16. Climate change affected the microbial diversity 17. Quorum sensing and quenching affected communities 18. Microbial diversity in traditional of Fermented Foods 19. Mining of microbial diversity associated with cave 20. Exploration of wetland microbial diversity
Dr Surajit De Mandal is a Postdoctoral researcher at College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P. R. China. He completed his Ph.D at the Dept. of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, India. His main areas of research are microbial ecology, insect-microbe interactions and microbial biopesticides. He has published 27 papers in international journals and reviewed publications for various international journals like Frontier in Microbiology, Access Microbiology, and more. Presently, Dr. De Mandal is studying the role of gut microbiota in insect immunity.
Dr. Pankaj Bhatt completed his PhD. in microbiology from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. His research focused on the molecular and microbiological basis of bioremediation. Dr Bhatt has published several articles in high impact factor leading journals including Scientific Reports, Frontiers in Microbiology, Chemosphere, Environmental research, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, and 3-Biotech. He has also published several book chapters on microbial biotechnology. Presently he is working as a Post-Doctoral researcher at Integrative Microbiology Research Centre, South China Agriculture University, Guangzhou China.