Advanced Oxidation Processes for Effluent Treatment Plants provides a complete overview of the recent advances made in oxidation-based water treatment processes, including their limitations and challenges, as well as their potential applications in removing environmental pollutants. It also introduces the new trends and advances in environmental bioremediation technology with thorough discussion of recent developments in this field, with multiple biological and chemical wastewater treatment processes presented in detail. Additionally, every chapter explains the wastewater treatment plants that utilize these methods, and illustrates them in terms of plant size, layout, design, and installation location. It also introduces the new trends and advances in environmental bioremediation technology with detailed discussion of recent developments in this field.
An updated vision of current strategies with a detailed overview of on-going developments, Advance Oxidation Processes for Effluent Treatment Plants is the go-to resources for engineers and scientists requiring an introduction to the principles of environmental bioremediation technologies.
- Illustrates the importance of various advance oxidation processes in effluent treatment plants
- Highlights the reuse of and recovery of resources from wastewater
- Examines the occurrence of novel micro-pollutants
- Emphasizes the role of nanotechnology in bioremediation of pollutants
- Introduces new trends in environmental bioremediation
2. Wastewater detoxification and processes integration
3. Toxicity and water reuse
4. Bioremediation of Organic pollutants
5. Bioremediation of Metals and Radionuclides
6. Nanotechnology for remediation of organic pollutants
7. Nitrate Pollution and its Remediation
8. Bioremediation of Petroleum hydrocarbons
9. Biofilms in Porous Media
10. Algal role in effluent treatment
11. Circular Economy
Maulin P. Shah, currently Chief Scientist & Head - Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India, has served as an Assistant Professor at Godhra, Gujarat University in 2001. He has more than 160 research publication in highly reputed national and international journals. He is an active Editorial Board Member in 75 highly reputed Journal's in the field of Environmental & Biological Sciences. . He has been appointed as an Editor-in-Chief in two journals viz. (1) Research Journal of Microbiology & (2) Journal of Biotechnology and Biomaterials. His work has been focused to assess the impact of industrial pollution on microbial diversity of wastewater following cultivation dependant and cultivation independent analysis. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials.