Household Care and Laundry: Category Packaging Opportunities explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the household care and laundry categories, using examples from the publisher's Pack-Track innovation tool. Your key questions answered: What drives packaging innovations in household care and laundry? What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the household care and laundry categories in recent years? Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on? How can household care manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
With a huge and varied range of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to the changing lifestyles of busy consumers. However, increasing environmental pressures mean that consideration must also be given to the sustainability of packaging and consumers now expect manufacturers to act responsibly and be proactive in reducing unnecessary packaging. The publisher has used their Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within the publisher's TrendSights framework.
- In order to be more successful brand owners are adjusting their packs to different lifestyle needs of consumers.
- Convenience is important and enhanced functionality through packs that allow easy usage in the home is a key trend.
- Society's ever-increasing reliance on plastics is not sustainable in the long-term and brand owners should look to recycled materials, refill options, and other eco-friendly solutions to improve their social responsibility credentials.
Reasons to buy
- Use the publisher's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of added functionality of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Table of Contents
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Household Care and Laundry
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
- Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
- Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ocean Saver
- Godrej Consumer Products
- Procter & Gamble
- Delta Pronatura
- Jacques Briochin
- Patanjali Ayurved
- Tesco Stores
- S.C. Johnson
- Seventh Generation
- LG Household & Healthcare
- Reckitt Benckiser
- The Clorox Company