Hybrid Natural Fiber Composites: Material Formulations, Processing, Characterization, Properties and Engineering Applications will act as a one-stop reference resource for researchers working in the field of natural fiber composites for various engineering applications. Chapters provide updated information on all the important classes of natural fibers and their composites that can be used for a broad range of different engineering applications. Sections showcase cutting-edge research from across the globe, discussing current status, key trends, future directions and opportunities. Focusing on the current state-of-the-art, the authors demonstrate the future potential of these materials in a broad range of demanding engineering applications.
This book will be an essential reference resource for academic and industrial researchers working in R&D departments involved in designing composite materials for semi-structural applications.
- Presents comprehensive information on the properties of hybrid natural fiber composites that demonstrate their ability to improve the hydrophobic nature of natural fiber composites
- Reviews recent developments in the research and development of hybrid natural fiber composites in various engineering applications
- Focuses on modern technologies and illustrates how hybrid natural fiber composites can be used as alternatives in structural components subjected to severe conditions
2. Recent developments in properties and performance of natural fiber composites
3. Modeling of natural fiber reinforced composites
4. Non-destructive testing of natural fiber composites
5. Recent progress in synthesis and characterization of natural fibers as reinforcement material for composite structures
6. Recent advancement in properties and behavior of modified natural fiber composites
7. Recent research and developments in hybrid natural fiber composites
8. Recent advances in fabrication of hybrid natural fiber composites
9. Recent research in hybridization of natural fiber composites
10. Recent developments in chemical and surface modification of natural fibers for engineering applications
11. Synergistic effect of natural fiber composites
12. Introduction to hybrid natural fiber composites
13. Recent research on biopolymers for natural fiber composites
14. New discovery on synthesis and characterization of cellulose nanofibers reinforced hybrid composites
15. Nanoscopic interactions and limitations of hybrid fiber composites
16. Present status of hybrid natural fiber composites from Elastomers
17. Mechanical Property Evaluation of Basalt/Glass fiber Hybrid Composites
18. Electrospun Bio-polymer based Hybrid composites
19. Bio-polymer derived carbonaceous composites and their potential applications
20. Synergetic effect of natural fiber
21. Hybrid natural fiber composites for engineering applications
22. Material selection for hybrid natural fiber laminated composites in vibration using stochastic optimization methods
Anish Khan is Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department, at the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR), King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia. He received his PhD from Aligarh Muslim University, in India. His research interests include synthetic polymers, and organic-inorganic electrically conducting nano-composites. He has extensive research and teaching experience, and has completed over twenty significant research projects. He is the Managing Editor of the Chemical Environmental and Research Journal, and has presented his work internationally. He has published over 130 articles, and 10 books.
Dr. Sanjay Mavinkere Rangappa, received his B.E (Mechanical Engineering) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in 2010. He then went on to attain his M.Tech and Ph.D. (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Science) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in 2017 and Post Doctorate from King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand, in 2019. He is a Life Member of the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers (India). He is an active reviewer for more than 40 international journals and has published more than 80 articles in high-quality international peer-reviewed journals, plus more than 20 book chapters, and 14 edited books. His current research areas include Natural fiber composites, Polymer Composites and Advanced Material Technology.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Suchart Siengchin is President of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB), Thailand. He received his Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Applied Sciences Giessen/Friedberg, Hessen, Germany in 1999, M.Sc. in Polymer Technology from University of Applied Sciences Aalen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany in 2002, M.Sc. in Material Science at the Erlangen-Nürnberg University, Bayern, Germany in 2004, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.) from Institute for Composite Materials, University of Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in 2008 and Postdoctoral Research from Kaiserslautern University and School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA. His research interests are in Polymer Processing and Composite Materials. He is Editor-in-Chief: KMUTNB International Journal of Applied Science and Technology and the author of more than 150 peer-reviewed Journal Articles. He has participated with presentations in more than 39 International and National Conferences with respect to Materials Science and Engineering topics.
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid received his Ph.D. from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and industry. He is also Visiting Scholar to TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey. Previously he worked as Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as Expatriate Lecturer under UNDP project with Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. His area of research includes Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, Polymer blends. So far he has published 11 books, 22 book chapters, and more than 160 International journal papers and 5 Published review papers under the Top 25 hot articles in science direct during 2014-2016. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry.
Asiri, Abdullah M.
Prof. Abdullah M. Asiri is the Head of the Chemistry Department at King Abdulaziz University since October 2009 and he is the founder and the Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR) since 2010 till date. He is the Professor of Organic Photochemistry. His research interest covers color chemistry, synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, synthesis of novel coloring matters and dyeing of textiles, materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, polymers and plastics. A major achievement of Prof. Asiri is the discovery of tribochromic compounds, a class of compounds which change from slightly or colorless to deep colored when subjected to small pressure or when grind. This discovery was introduced to the scientific community as a new terminology published by IUPAC in 2000. This discovery was awarded a patent from European Patent office and from UK patent. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of various journals of international repute. He is the Vice- President of Saudi Chemical Society (Western Province Branch). He holds four USA patents, more than 800 Publications in international journals, seven book chapters, and ten books