Nutraceuticals in Brain Health and Beyond explores brain function at different stages of life and how to maximize its efficiency with nutritional intervention. This book focuses on emerging health issues, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Autism, ADHD in children and other brain disorders where supplement intervention is effective. In addition, sections address "herb-nutra psychiatry," a field of research focused on developing a comprehensive, cohesive evidence base to shift conceptual thinking surrounding the role of diet and nutrition in mental health. Intended for nutrition researchers, nutritionists, dieticians, regulatory bodies, health professionals, and students studying related fields, this useful reference links nutrition and brain health.
- Provides coverage of nutritional psychiatry
- Addresses cognitive health at all stages of the lifespan
- Contains extensive coverage on vitamins, minerals, botanicals and other nutrients
- Offers novel insight into cognitive dysfunctions, including depression and other neurodegenerative disorders
- Explores the role of genomics and epigenetics, including coverage of the gut-brain axis
1. Food for the Brain: Ingredient Potential 2. Nutritional Psychiatry: An overview 3. Bioactive constituents of Indian medicinal plants traditionally known for brain health benefits 4. Indian Traditional Herbs as Drug Leads for Neurodegenerative Disorders 5. Role of Neutraceuticals in the Management of Severe Traumatic Brain Injury 6. Understanding the relationship between oxidative stress and cognition in the elderly: targets for nutraceutical interventions? 7. Ayurveda and Brain Health 8. Persian Herbal Medicines for Brain Health 9. Nutraceuticals in Healthy Brain Aging 10. Gut Microbiota, Neurodegeneration and Nutraceuticals: Cross-talk and Therapeutic Implications 11. Glucosinolates: Fighting cell death and cancer. Can they do both? 12. Clinical Efficacy of Dietary Polyphenols for Cognitive Improvements 13. The Gut-Brain Axis 14. Gut microbiome: Role in brain health 15. Strategies for Marketing Brain Health Products 16. Comprehensive Review of Alzheimer's Disease Drugs (Conventional, Newer and Plant-Derived) with focus on Bacopa monnieri 17. Nutraceuticals in Neurodegenerative Diseases 18. Transforming nutraceuticals targeting epigenetics network to cutting edge drug leads in brain disorders 19. Cognitive Health and Nutrition: A Millennial Correlation and a rapidly growing health benefit category 20. Phytopharmaceuticals in Brain Disorders 21. Combination Therapy of Herbs for Brain Aging 22. Centella asiatica (Gotu kola) leaves: Potential in neuropsychiatric conditions 23. Methodology in Brain Research Clinical Trial 24. The Multifactorial Contributions of Pycnogenol for Cognitive Function Improvement 25. Effects of Herbal Extracts on Cognition in Older Adults 26. Drug Delivery Systems for Herbal Drugs for Cognitive Disorders 27. Impact of Cardiometabolic Disease on Cognitive Function 28. Vitamin B-6, B-9 and B-12: Can these Improve Memory in Alzheimer's? 29. Sri Lankan Medicinal Herbs Used for the Management of Neurodegenerative Diseases of the Brain
Dr. Ghosh received his PhD in biomedical science from India. He is an international speaker, facilitator and author and professionally associated with Nutriconnect, Australia; Honorary Ambassador, Global Harmonization Initiatives (GHI) & adjunct-Industry Fellow, NICM, Western Sydney University. He is a fellow of American College of Nutrition (ACN), professional member of Australian Institute of Food Science & Technology (AIFST), an advisor and executive board member of Health Foods and Dietary Supplements Association (HADSA), India and also serves on the editorial board of several journals. His research interest includes oxidative stress, bioactive, clinically proven functional food and natural medicine development, regulatory and scientific aspects of functional foods, nutraceuticals and herbal medicines. Dr. Ghosh has published more than 100 papers in peer reviewed journals and numerous articles in food and nutrition magazines and books.