Tribology of Polymer Composites provides an exhaustive overview of the latest research, trends, applications, and future directions of the tribology of polymer composites. Covering novel methods for the synthesis of polymer composites and their properties, the book starts by reviewing the fabrication techniques, wear, and frictional properties of polymer composite materials. From there it features chapters looking at the tribological behavior and properties of specific polymer composite materials such as synthetic fiber-reinforced, cellulose fiber-reinforced, wood fiber, synthetic fiber, mineral fiber-reinforced, and thermosetting composites. The book concludes with chapters covering the tribology of polymer nanocomposites and particulate polymer composites and their metal coatings. Applied examples spanning a wide range of industries are emphasized in each chapter.
- Cutting-edge research, trends, future directions, and applications in polymer composite tribology, demonstrating their potential to provide improvements in their most common applications
2. Recent advances in tribology of hybrid polymer composites
3. Development and tribological properties of polymer composites
4. Tribological Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites
5. Tribological characterization of cellulose fiber reinforced polymer composites
6. Effect of adding sisal fibre on sliding wear behaviour of the coconut sheath fibre reinforced composite
7. Studies on influence of fillers on the tribological properties of hybrid polymer composites
8. Tribological behaviour of nanoclay-filled basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites
9. Slurry Jet Erosion Wear of Particulate Polymer Composites and Metal Coating
10. Tribology of thermosetting composites
11. Tribological Studies of Surface Modified Sansevieria Cylindrica Fibre Reinforced Polyester Composites
12. Friction and wear properties of carbon nanotubes reinforced polymer composites
13. Sustainable Tribology: Processing and Characterization of Multiscale Thermoplastic Composites within hydropower applications
14. Tribological Characterization of different mesh sized natural barites based copper free brake friction composites
15. Tribological and modal analysis on the bio-composites/PVC core sandwich panels
16. Synergism of fillers on adhesive and abrasive wear of Thermoplastic Copolyester Elastomer Composites
17. Tribological Applications of Polymer Composites
Dr. Sanjay Mavinkere Rangappa, received the B. E (Mechanical Engineering) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in the year 2010, M. Tech (Computational Analysis in Mechanical Sciences) from VTU Extension Centre, GEC, Hassan, in the year 2013, Ph.D (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Science) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in the year 2017 and Post Doctorate from King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand, in the year 2019. He is a Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and Associate Member of Institute of Engineers (India). He is a reviewer for more than 50 international Journals (for Elsevier, Springer, Sage, Taylor & Francis, Wiley), book proposals and international conferences. In addition, he has published more than 85 articles in high quality international peer reviewed journals, 3 editorial corner, 20+ book Chapters, one book, 15 books as an Editor and also presented research papers at national/international conferences. His current research areas include Natural fiber composites, Polymer Composites and Advanced Material Technology. He is a recipient of DAAD Academic exchange-PPP Programme (Project- related Personnel Exchange) between Thailand and Germany to Institute of Composite Materials, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He has received a Top Peer Reviewer 2019 award, Global Peer Review Awards, Powdered by Publons, Web of Science Group.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Suchart Siengchin is President of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB), Thailand. He received his Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Applied Sciences Giessen/Friedberg, Hessen, Germany in 1999, M.Sc. in Polymer Technology from University of Applied Sciences Aalen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany in 2002, M.Sc. in Material Science at the Erlangen-Nürnberg University, Bayern, Germany in 2004, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.) from Institute for Composite Materials, University of Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in 2008 and Postdoctoral Research from Kaiserslautern University and School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA. His research interests are in Polymer Processing and Composite Materials. He is Editor-in-Chief: KMUTNB International Journal of Applied Science and Technology and the author of more than 150 peer-reviewed Journal Articles. He has participated with presentations in more than 39 International and National Conferences with respect to Materials Science and Engineering topics.
Jyotishkumar Parameswaranpillai is a Professor at King Mongkut's University of Technology, North Bangkok (KMUTNB), Thailand. He has published around 80 papers in international peer reviewed journals on polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends and alloys, and biopolymer, and has edited five books. He has received numerous awards and recognitions including the prestigious Kerala State Award for the Best Young Scientist 2016 and INSPIRE Faculty Award 2011.
Klaus Friedrich is an emeritus Professor at the Institute for Composite Materials (IVW GmbH), Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He is an editorial board member of several key journals in the area, including Composites Science and Technology, contributes to committees and conferences internationally related to composite materials, and has received numerous awards and honours throughout his prolific research career.