2. Executive Summary
3. Growth Drivers
- Changing dynamics of movie marketing
- Telcos will become the new MSOs
- Opportunity to create original characters with global appeal
4. Challenges faced
- Budget limitations
- Higher cost compared to live action shows
- Skilling the workforce to international storytelling standards.
- Increased investments into building talent base will be seen.
- Government incentives and schemes (both at central and individual state level) will be important for Indian companies to remain competitive.
6. India Animation and VFX Insights
- Animation grew 10% in 2018 to reach INR 18.8 Billion
- More original animated content was commissioned by broadcasters
- Animation and VFX Revenue (INR in Billion), 2017- 2021E
- Animation Segment (Domestic Market) in Percent
7. Animation for International Market
- A large ecosystem developed to cater to domestic demand
- Animation for digital platforms
- Animation in advertising
- India’s international footprint grew
- Animated films
8. Animation for Indian Movies & International Market
- Indian movies invested more in VFX.
- Increasing global investment in India.
- Post-production grew 12% in 2018 to reach INR 20.5 Billion.
- Indian companies are looking to acquire global post-production houses.
In this report, for analyzing the future trends for the studied market during the forecast period, the publisher has incorporated rigorous statistical and econometric methods, further scrutinized by secondary, primary sources and by in-house experts, supported through their extensive data intelligence repository. The market is studied holistically from both demand and supply-side perspectives. This is carried out to analyze both end-user and producer behavior patterns, in the review period, which affects price, demand and consumption trends. As the study demands to analyze the long-term nature of the market, the identification of factors influencing the market is based on the fundamentality of the study market.
Through secondary and primary researches, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence, are identified and are transformed to quantitative data through data extraction, and further applied for inferential purposes. The publisher's in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of their recommendations and advice.
The primary purpose of this phase is to extract qualitative information regarding the market from the key industry leaders. The primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions. The publisher also established professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling the following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develop the analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth, and forecast
The researcher's primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of the most experienced industry members. These participants include, however, are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to the industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investment, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
The publisher refers to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically includes, however, is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, webcasts, and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts