Standard Transport Appraisal Methods, Volume 6 in the Advances in Transport Policy and Planning series, assesses both successful and unsuccessful practices and policies from around the world. Chapters in this new release include Transport models, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Value of Travel Time Savings and reliability, Value of Statistical Life, Wider economic benefits, Multi-criteria analysis, Best-Worst Method, Participatory Value Evaluation, Ex-post evaluation, Sustainability assessment, Evaluating Transport Equity, Environmental Impact Assessment, Decision-Support Systems, Deliberative appraisal methods, Critique on appraisal methods, Appraisal methods in developing countries, Research agenda for appraisal methods, and much more.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Cost-benefit analysis
Carl Koopmans and Niek Mouter
2. Value of travel time and travel time reliability
Gerard de Jong and Marco Kouwenhoven
3. The value of a statistical life
4. Transport models
Rob van Nes and Gerard de Jong
5. The wider economic benefits of transportation
Csaba G. Pogonyi
6. Multi-criteria analysis
7. Comparing cost-benefit analysis and multi-criteria analysis
Niek Mouter, Marco Dean, Carl Koopmans and Jose Manuel Vassallo
8. Environmental impact assessment for transport projects: A review of technical and process-related issues
Julio A. Soria-Lara, Rosa M. Arce-Ruíz, Aldo Arranz-López and Amor Ariza-Álvarez
9. Project appraisal methods: Tools for optimizing or for informed political debate?