The North America free from food market is projected to grow with CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- According to a survery conducted by Kerry, about 60% of consumers in the United States were familiar with the term “clean label,” with 44% saying clean label is important to them.Thus the increasing awareness about the clen labelled products including free from food and increasing prevelance of food allergies is the major factor driving the market studied in the region.
- Interest in non-GMO food products continued to grow in North American region, providing great opportuity to the manufacturers to capture the on-going interest among consumers hrough product launch. In 2016, Archer Midland Daniels bought Harvest Innovations, a brand which produces non-GMO soybean oils, proteins, and gluten-free foods.
- Furthermore, th Gluten Free Factory is a 100% Costa Rican brand that offers alternative flours and mixes for gluten-free pizzas, breads, brownies, and pancakes, in turn meeting the demnad for free from bakery products.
- The plant based dairy roducts/ dairy alternatives is also gaining great traction among the consumers which is influneced by various factors such a gluten intolerance, lactose intolreance, veganism and others.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand For Allergen Free Products
Allergen-free food products include food items, which are gluten free, lactose free, diabetes food, and others. The consumers in the region who are allergic to gluten, lactose, or unable to consume high-calorie products, due to diabetes, has influenced the food manufacturers to manufacture allergen-free foods. Key manufacturers, like: The Hain Celestial Group offers allergen-free cooking and baking products, to cater the increasing demand, in the region. Furthermore, the region has witnessed a significant demand for lactose free baby food products.
United States Held a Significant Share in The Market
The United States is experiencing a high demand for free from food and beverage products such as gluten-free beverages, followed by Canada and Mexico, owing to the shift in consumers’ food consumption trend and inclination toward a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, the favorable regulatory framework and initiatives by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to promote gluten-free diets and further subsidy allocations are anticipated to boost the regional market over the forecast period. To cater the growing demand for gluten-free products, in May 2020, The gluten-free company, BFree Foods, announced the launch of two of its flagship products in Publix grocery stores of the country.
The North America free from food market is a highly competitive market and comprises of regional and international competitors. Some of the major manufacturers in the market includes, Dean Foods, Hain Celestial Group, Inc. General Mills Inc, and Conagra Brands Inc., among others. The major strategies adopted by the companies in the market are new product launches, agreements/partnerships, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions. The merger or acquisition of companies, in order to utilize the respective key strengths, such as intense R&D activities, distribution network, and the development of new products, to enhance the portfolio and capture the on- going inetrest among consumers such as orgainc, plant based products and others. Owing to the changing tastes and preferences of consumers, there have been considerable developments of products by various global players
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Gluten Free
5.1.2 Dairy Free
5.1.3 Allergen Free
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 By End Product
5.2.1 Bakery and Confectionery
5.2.2 Dairy-free Foods
5.2.5 Other End Products
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.2 Online Retail Stores
5.3.3 Convenience Stores
5.3.4 Other Distribution Channels
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 United States
5.4.4 Rest of North America
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Conagra Brands, Inc
6.4.2 Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
6.4.3 General Mills Inc
6.4.4 Bob's Red Mill
6.4.5 Dean Foods
6.4.6 Prairie Farms
6.4.7 Johnson & Johnson (Lactaid)
6.4.8 AMY'S KITCHEN, INC
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Conagra Brands, Inc
- Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- General Mills Inc
- Bob's Red Mill
- Dean Foods
- Prairie Farms
- Johnson & Johnson (Lactaid)
- AMY'S KITCHEN, INC