Calcium Transport Elements in Plants discusses the role of calcium in plant development and stress signaling, the mechanism of Ca2+ homeostasis across plant membranes, and the evolution of Ca2+/cation antiporter (CaCA) superfamily proteins. Additional sections cover genome-wide analysis of Annexins and their roles in plants, the roles of calmodulin in abiotic stress responses, calcium transport in relation to plant nutrition/biofortification, and much more. Written by leading experts in the field, this title is an essential resource for students and researchers that need all of the information on calcium transport elements in one place.
Calcium transport elements are involved in various structural, physiological and biochemical processes or signal transduction pathways in response to various abiotic and biotic stimuli. Development of high throughput sequencing technology has favored the identification and characterization of numerous gene families in plants in recent years, including the calcium transport elements.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to the calcium transport elements in plants.
2. Calcium-cytoskeleton signalling induced modification of plant development
3. Mechanism of Ca2+ homeostasis across the plant membranes.
4. Calcium transport elements in model and crop plants.
5. Evolution of Ca2+ transporters in plants.
6. Cation/H+ exchanger (CAX) in plants: roles in development and stress response
7. Role of Ca2+ ATPases in calcium homeostasis in plants during development and stress
8. Cation/Ca2+ exchanger (CCX) proteins function in plants
9. The Na+/Ca2+ exchanger like proteins from plants: an overview
10. Ca2+ channels and transporters in plants under salinity stress
11. An overview of Annexins in plants
12. Multimember CNGC family in plants: Role in development and stress management
13. Functional analysis of glutamate receptor-like channels in plants
14. Calmodulin and Calmodulin-like Ca2+ binding proteins as molecular players of abiotic stress response in plants
15. Calmodulin-binding Transcription Activator (CAMTA)/ factors in plants
16. Mechanosensitive ion channels in plants
17. CBL and CIPK interaction in plants for calcium mediated stress response
18. Calcium signalling network in abiotic stress tolerance in plants
19. Role of calcium nutrition on product quality and disorder susceptibility of horticultural crops: processes and strategies for biofortification
20. Calcium transport in chloroplast and mitochondria of plant cell
21. Calcium uptake and translocation in plants
22. Interaction between Ca2+ and ROS signalling in plant cell
23. Methods for detection and measurement of Calcium in plants
24. Application of Calcium transport elements in plants improvement: a future perspective