Glaucoma: A Neurodegenerative Disease of the Retina and Beyond Part B, Volume 257, the latest release in the Progress in Brain Research series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters written by an international board of authors. Topics covered in this new release include Glaucoma neurodegeneration and myopia, Links between obstructive sleep apnea and glaucoma neurodegeneration, Artificial intelligence and deep learning in glaucoma: Current state and future prospects, Brain networks reorganization and functional disability in glaucoma, Advanced vascular examinations of the retina and optic nerve head in glaucoma, and much more.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Jost B. Jonas, Songhomitra Panda-Jonas and Ya Xing Wang
2. Links between obstructive sleep apnea and glaucoma neurodegeneration
Massimo Cesareo, Clarissa Giannini, Alessio Martucci, Matteo Di Marino, Giulio Pocobelli, Francesco Aiello, Raffaele Mancino and Carlo Nucci
3. Artificial intelligence and deep learning in glaucoma: Current state and future prospects
Michaël J.A. Girard and Leopold Schmetterer
4. Brain networks reorganization and functional disability in glaucoma
Alessio Martucci, Massimo Cesareo, Nicola Toschi, Francesco Garaci, Giacinto Bagetta and Carlo Nucci
5. Advanced vascular examinations of the retina and optic nerve head in glaucoma
João Barbosa Breda, Jan van Eijgen and Ingeborg Stalmans
6. Evaluation of putative differences in vessel density and flow area in normal tension and high-pressure glaucoma using OCT-angiography
Alessio Martucci, Clarissa Giannini, Matteo Di Marino, Roberto Pietro Sorge, Francesco Aiello, Damiana Scuteri, Raffaele Mancino, Carlo Nucci and Massimo Cesareo
7. Towards stem cell-based neuronal regeneration for glaucoma
Zi-Qi Hua, Hui Liu, Ningli Wang and Zi-Bing Jin
8. Naturally occurring neuroprotectants in glaucoma
Radhika Pooja Patel, Ehtesham Shamsher, Daniel Hill and Maria Francesca Cordeiro
9. Impact of nutraceuticals on glaucoma: A systematic review
Damiana Scuteri, Laura Rombolà, Chizuko Watanabe, Shinobu Sakurada, Maria Tiziana Corasaniti, Giacinto Bagetta, Paolo Tonin, Rossella Russo, Carlo Nucci and Luigi Antonio Morrone
10. Evidence on the neuroprotective properties of brimonidine in glaucoma
Damiana Scuteri, Giacinto Bagetta, Carlo Nucci, Francesco Aiello, Massimo Cesareo, Paolo Tonin and Maria Tiziana Corasaniti
Giacinto Bagetta is Professsor of Pharmacology and works in the Department of Pharmacy, Health Science and Nutrition
at University of Calabria, Arcavata di Rende, Italy.
Carlo Nucci Professor of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Unit, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy.
Carlo Nucci is Professor of Ophthalmology in the Ophthalmology Unit, Department of Experimental Medicine at the University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy.