The Microelectronics Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers innovations in AI accelerators, gallium electronics, IoT chips, terahertz, FPGA and augmented reality. Some of the key innovations profiled include chipsets of IoT applications, neurotransistors, terahertz spectrum analyzer, wearables, and FPGA platform.
The TOE captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
- Innovations in AI Accelerators, Terahertz, FPGA, and Augmented Reality
- University of California San Diego, US - Growth Opportunities
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- Hailo, Israel - Growth Opportunities
- Nexgen Power Systems Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- Teragroup, Israel - Growth Opportunities
- Cornell University, US - Growth Opportunities
- Nueyes, US - Growth Opportunities
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- CY Vision, US
- Lattice Semiconductor, US
- Xilinx Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- Key Contacts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Cornell University
- CY Vision
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf
- Lattice Semiconductor
- Nexgen Power Systems Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- University of California San Diego
- Xilinx Inc.