3D Printing in Biotechnology: Current Technologies and Applications explains the basic designs and recent progress in the application of 3D printing within various biotechnology fields. The book is a compilation of the basic fundamentals, designs, current applications, and future considerations related to this emerging technology, and summarizes the promising application of 3D bioprinting. Chapters contain detailed state-of-the-art knowledge to assist in the development and design of 3D printers, with applications in the medical, food, and environmental fields. This book will appeal to researchers and students from different disciplines, including materials science and technology, food, agriculture, and various biomedical fields.
The content includes industrial applications and fills the gap between the research conducted in the laboratory and practical applications in related industries.
- Offers an introduction to the emerging technologies and sectors in the field of 3D printing
- Discusses the development of sustainable materials and bio-inks
- Provides a guide for medical professionals and practitioners to incorporate current 3D printing technology into their medical practice
- Bridges the knowledge gap for current designs used in 3D printing technology for designing an efficient and innovative 3D printer
- Previews the technological basis for new farming practices and food engineering concepts utilizing 3D techniques
2. Design and fabrication of 3D printers
3. Materials for 3D printing
4. D printing of live cells, tissues and organs
5. 3D printing of biopolymers and implants
6. 3D printing in medical devices and drug delivery
7. Application of 3D printers in food and agriculture sector
8. 3D printing of bacteria for bioremediation
9. Emerging trends in 3D printer- 4D and 5D printing
10. Marketability and business scope of 3D printers
11. IPR, Ethics, Safety and Regulatory concerns of 3D printing
She is the author os many books and edited more than 6 books. She has authored many chapters and also published many scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals. She has received the Certificate for "Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing from Elsevier, Netherlands. She has also been nominated for advisory panel for Elsevier Inc., Netherlands. She is the associate editor of Environmental Chemistry Letters - a Springer journal of 3.59 impact factor - and also serving as editorial board member and referee for reputed international peer-reviewed journals. She has received several awards and recognitions from different national and international organizations. Singh, Vineeta Dr. Vineeta Singh is currently working as Assistant Professor at the Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow India and has 15 years of teaching and research experience. She has established labs at the institute and has supervised post-graduate students from the diverse field of secondary metabolite production, enzymes, bioremediation, biotransformation, microbial fuel cells, bioinformatics, and nanotechnology. Ranjan, Shivendu Dr. Shivendu Ranjan has extensive expertise in Micro/Nanotechnology and is currently working as Head R&D and Technology Development at E-Spin Nanotech Pvt. Ltd. He has founded and drafted the concept for the first edition of the "VIT Bio Summit in 2012, and the same has been continued till date by the university. He has worked in CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru, India as well as UP Drugs and Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., India and IIFPT, Thanjavur, MoFPI, Govt of India. At IIFPT, Thanjavur, he was involved in a project funded by a leading pharmaceutical company, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories and have successfully engineered micro-vehicles for model drug molecules.
His research interests are multidisciplinary and include: Micro/Nanobiotechnology, Nano-toxicology, Environmental Nanotechnology, Nanomedicine, and Nanoemulsions. . He is the associate editor of Environmental Chemistry Letters - a Springer journal of 3.59 impact factor - and an editorial board member in Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment(Taylor and Francis). He is serving as executive editor of a journal in iMed Press, USA, and also serving as editorial board member and referee for reputed international peer-reviewed journals. He is the author of many books and edited six books. Mishra, Taijshee Mishra, Bhartendu Nath Dr. B.N. Mishra is presently working as a Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Abdul Kalam Technical University. His present research interest includes biochemical engineering, bioinformatics and applications of artificial intelligence jand 3D printing in medicine and healthcare. He has published more than 100 research papers in per reviewed national and international journals. e is known as an academician with extraordinary virtues beca