This edition of the Industrial Bioprocessing Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) features information on the use of ex-vivo human skin that can replace animal skin for testing cosmetics and skin care products, the use of bio-catalysts for the removal of polyflouroalkyl substances and other pollutants from groundwater. The TOE also features information on the development of sustainable proteins made from fungal and plant extracts, which are highly nutritious and can effectively replace animal proteins, which are extracted from intense processes that require more water and emit more carbon emissions and the development of sea-weed based feed supplements that decrease livestock related methane emissions.
The TOE focuses on innovations associated with the use of compact and modular gasification processes for high quality biofuel production, development of cost-effective soyabean-based 3D printing materials, and also provides insights on the use of ceramic-based catalysts for efficient conversion of biomass into specialty chemicals. The TOE additionally provides insights on the latest developments on the use of pineapple-based waste residues for the development of eco-friendly aerogels, the use of catalytic processes for converting waste plastics into valuable products and the latest trends in the use of micro algae for production of omega-rich food supplements.
The Industrial Bioprocessing TOE provides intelligence on technologies, processes and strategic insights for industries involving bioprocessing, including innovations in the development and production of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, alternative fuels, chemical feedstocks, food and beverages, and consumer products.
1. Innovations In Plant-Based Proteins, Water Treatment, And Biofuel Production
- Genoskin, France - Growth Opportunities
- Microvi Biotech, US - Growth Opportunities
- Nature's Fynd, US - Growth Opportunities
- Future Feed Pty. Ltd., Australia - Growth Opportunities
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland - Growth Opportunities
- Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania - Growth Opportunities
- RMIT University, AUStralia - Growth Opportunities
- Checkerspot Inc., US - Growth Opportunities
- National University of Singapore, Singapore - Growth Opportunities
- Ames Laboratory, US - Growth Opportunities
- Kyushu University, Japan - Growth Opportunities
- Mialgae, UK - Growth Opportunities
2. Key Contacts