The Chinese Cosmetics Market is anticipated to undergo rapid growth during the next five years owing to the burgeoning demand for premium cosmetics and the increasing number of working women populations who tend to spend more on cosmetic products. Increasing number of beauty salons are also aiding to the Chinese Cosmetics Market. Moreover, the increasing per capita expenditure on personal appearance and the growth in the beauty and cosmetics market are some of the other factors expected to propel the demand for cosmetics market in China.
China is the second largest market of cosmetic products after United States in terms of revenue and consumption. The beauty and personal care market is facing the burgeoning demand owing to the increasing urbanization and social media influence. All these factors are expected to fuel the growth of the cosmetics market in China by 2026.
The Chinese Cosmetics Market is segmented based on type, demography, distribution channel and region. Based on type, the market is categorized into skin care, hair care, bath & shower products, makeup & color cosmetics and fragrances & deodorants. Skincare products accounted for the largest market share in 2020 and the segment is anticipated to dominate the market over the next five years as well. Color cosmetics, which largely includes face makeup, is still an emerging segment and is gaining popularity among the younger consumers.
Based on distribution channel, the Chinese Cosmetics Market is categorized into online and offline channels. The offline channel is further segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, exclusive retail stores, beauty parlors/salon and multi branded retail stores. More than 70 percent of cosmetics sales revenue in China come from e-commerce sites like Alibaba’s Tmall and JD.com.
Some of the major players operating in the Chinese Cosmetics Market are Jiangsu LONGLIQI Bio-Science Co, Ltd. (Longrich), Shanghai Inoherb Cosmetics Co, Ltd., JALA Corporation, Zhejiang Osmun Group, Zhejiang Proya Cosmetics Co, Ltd, Tianjin Yumeijing Group Co, Ltd., Softto Co, Ltd., BaWang International (Group) Holding Limited, Guangzhou Huanya Cosmetics Technology Co, Ltd. and Guangdong Marubi Biotechnology Co, Ltd., among others. The market is witnessing emergence of global brands as the country imports most of its cosmetic products from countries like South Korea and Japan.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2016-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast market size of the Chinese Cosmetics Market, in terms of value.
- To define, classify and forecast the Chinese Cosmetics Market on the basis of type, demography, distribution channel and regional distribution.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms of value, on the basis of region by segmenting the Chinese Cosmetics Market into regions, namely, South-Central, South-West, East-China, North-East, North China & North-West.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for the Chinese Cosmetics Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, supply contracts, and mergers & acquisitions in the Chinese Cosmetics Market.
- To evaluate competitor pricing, average market selling prices and trends in the Chinese Cosmetics Market.
- To strategically profile the leading players, which are involved in the supply of cosmetics in China.
The publisher performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, the publisher sourced a list of cosmetics manufacturers and suppliers in China Subsequently, the publisher conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the publisher was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The publisher analysed product offerings, distribution channels, and regional presence of all major cosmetics suppliers across the country.
The publisher calculated the market size for the Chinese Cosmetics Market by using a bottom-up approach, where the manufacturers’ value sales data for different types of cosmetic was recorded as well as forecast for the future years was made. The publisher sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives, and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as all China cosmetics manufacturers, association, company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also used.
Key Target Audience:
- China cosmetics manufacturers
- China cosmetics retailers/distributors
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Associations, organizations and alliances related to cosmetics manufacturing
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Industry associations
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders, such as cosmetics manufacturers, distributors, dealers and policy makers, which market segments should be targeted over the coming years (next five years) in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, the Chinese Cosmetics Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
China Cosmetics Market, By Type:
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Bath & Shower Products
- Makeup & Color Cosmetics
- Fragrances & Deodorants
China Cosmetics Market, By Demography:
China Cosmetics Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Exclusive Retail Stores
- Beauty Parlors/Salon
- Multi Branded Retail Stores
China Cosmetics Market, By Geography:
- East China
- North East
- North China
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Chinese Cosmetics Market.
With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
This report is 80% complete and will include the latest impact analysis of Covid-19 with actual 2020 market data. This report will be delivered in three working days post order confirmation
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on China Cosmetics Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
6. China Cosmetics Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Type (Skin care, Hair Care, Bath & Shower products, Makeup & Color Cosmetics, Fragrances & Deodorants)
6.2.2. By Demography (Men, Women)
6.2.3. By Distribution Channel (Offline (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Exclusive Retail Stores, Beauty Parlors/Salon, Multi Branded Retail Stores, Online)
6.2.4. By Region
6.2.5. By Company (2020)
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7. China Skin Care Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Distribution Channel
7.2.2. By Demography
7.3. Pricing Analysis
8. China Hair Care Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Distribution Channel
8.2.2. By Demography
8.3. Pricing Analysis
9. China Bath & Shower Products Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Distribution Channel
9.2.2. By Demography
9.3. Pricing Analysis
10. China Makeup & Color Cosmetics Market Outlook
10.1. Market Size & Forecast
10.1.1. By Value
10.2. Market Share & Forecast
10.2.1. By Distribution Channel
10.2.2. By Demography
10.3. Pricing Analysis
11. China Deodorants & Fragrances Market Outlook
11.1. Market Size & Forecast
11.1.1. By Value
11.2. Market Share & Forecast
11.2.1. By Distribution Channel
11.2.2. By Demography
11.3. Pricing Analysis
12. Import-Export Analysis
13. Market Dynamics
14. Value Chain Analysis
15. Market Trends & Development
16. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
17. China Economic Profile
18. Competitive Landscape
18.1. Competition Outlook (Top 10 Companies)
18.1.1. Jiangsu LONGLIQI Bio-Science Co, Ltd. (Longrich)
18.1.2. Shanghai Inoherb Cosmetics Co, Ltd.
18.1.3. JALA Corporation
18.1.4. Zhejiang Osmun Group
18.1.5. Zhejiang Proya Cosmetics Co, Ltd
18.1.6. Tianjin Yumeijing Group Co, Ltd.
18.1.7. Softto Co, Ltd.
18.1.8. BaWang International (Group) Holding Limited
18.1.9. Guangzhou Huanya Cosmetics Technology Co, Ltd.
18.1.10. Guangdong Marubi Biotechnology Co, Ltd.
19. Strategic Recommendations
20. About the Publisher & Disclaimer
- Jiangsu LONGLIQI Bio-Science Co, Ltd. (Longrich)
- Shanghai Inoherb Cosmetics Co, Ltd.
- JALA Corporation
- Zhejiang Osmun Group
- Zhejiang Proya Cosmetics Co, Ltd
- Tianjin Yumeijing Group Co, Ltd.
- Softto Co, Ltd.
- BaWang International (Group) Holding Limited
- Guangzhou Huanya Cosmetics Technology Co, Ltd.
- Guangdong Marubi Biotechnology Co, Ltd.